vp 44 help

strokersmoker

so i am looking into gettin a new vp. my toughts are a so with a tst and smarty,hrvp with a tst or a new monster. what do u guys thikm i want as much fuell as possible not woried anout street. what will put out best numbers for a puller aney toughts

I'm gonna move this to the Dodge performance forum.
I'd run an SO. There is nort enough data on the monster yet.

X2 that

a hot rod pump is not going to gain you anything once you are over 500hp

maybe a Monster once they get all the bugs worked out of it

an SO is my chioce

Run a factory SO Pump with a Drag Comp or a TST/Smarty or TST/EZ Stack with some quality EDM injectors, and you can make big power with some air.

Well it really depends on what you have now and where you want to be.... As mentioned with the proper setup a HRVP doesn't make any more HP than a SO pump. But if you have an HO truck there is some debate here, looks like it may also require the SO ECm to take full advantage of the pump. As for the HRVP it will make more HP on smaller injectors than a standard SO pump. So if you already have a set of injectors that are not big going with the HRVP will yeild higher HP results. The jury is still out on the Mmonster VP as no HP results comparing the pumps is available.

Doug

Personally I'd stick with the SO pump. For extra money you spend on the HRVP you could put that towards a set of injectors. Not to mention that when getting a HRVP you run the risk of having the truck lope at idle and I'd hate to deal with that for a daily driver.

what kind of numbers could u get out of the blue chip. and i am going 2 go all out port polish, inj, turbo, studs, all the goodies

strokersmoker said:
what kind of numbers could u get out of the blue chip. and i am going 2 go all out port polish, inj, turbo, studs, all the goodies

It is a bone stock VP rebuild with an inflated price, nothing special, Chip told me that himself.

lookin 2 get sovp 44, silver bullet, or pro street 66, port polish, studs, o rngs,mach7 or ddp stage five inj, cam,tst smarty and a good clutch what do u think aney tips

Even if you do have an HO truck you don't need the SO ecm. once you turn the box on it's the same. I have tried this.

strokersmoker said:
lookin 2 get sovp 44, silver bullet, or pro street 66, port polish, studs, o rngs,mach7 or ddp stage five inj, cam,tst smarty and a good clutch what do u think aney tips

If you see Getblown5.9 posting, that is very close to his setup and he's doing good pulling.

Rodram2002 said:
Even if you do have an HO truck you don't need the SO ecm. once you turn the box on it's the same. I have tried this.

Did you dyno with the HO ecm and then swap to the So ecm on the same truck? Very cool if yoiu did! I have had many customers swap over pumps, and yes they work but the question that so far has been unaswered is does it produce equal HP without going to an SO ecm.

Thanks