VP strangeness

Schrowang

Schroowwwaaaannnnnggggggg
(not mine)2000 2500 auto with quadzilla 4k.
PART#1 During the quadzilla ''warm up/high idle'' mode the truck shuts off at ~109*. He pulled the quadzilla off and it runs fine, I suggested sending the quad in for a re-flash.

PART#2 He called quadzilla about this issue and they wanted to see if the truck has any codes. The snap-on OBDII scan tool would not pick up any codes, for some reason it just wont read the truck. I've yet to come across this issue, he said something about needing a 3 prong wire loop? Last I spoke with him I asked him to try the key trick to pull codes off the odometer.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

what model snap-on are you using to try and pick up codes with? unhook the quad maybe and try to scan it?

Ill called him tomorrow and see, this was all over the phone i forgot to ask.
electrical components are witchcraft and sorcery to me.

lol! i know my dads modis will not talk to my truck with out the correct key. it will not even attempt to do so.

Yep many of the snap on San tools need the proper key. However with that said, it could be something messed up with his data port as well. I was working on a vp truck once a few years back and one week the solid picked it up fine and the next it wouldn't no matter what. The guy wasn't local so I didn't get to keep trying after that, but he did contact me and let me know that he had the same issues with a DRB2 scanner at dodge and had to have the data port plug replaced.

I would be surprised if there were any codes or problems with the truck. It has been a long time since I have touched an adrenaline, but my experiences with them were always problematic.

Holy hell mr Stockton is back! (or stopped trolling on the dl) glad to see u post again!

Make sure the cigarette lighter fuse isn't blown.

Holy hell mr Stockton is back! (or stopped trolling on the dl) glad to see u post again!

I'm back, been away from the trucks for a while, still driving them and beating on them, but haven't done much with them regarding performance for a while.

Quadzilla just doesn't have quality products in my opinion. I've tried to use them, but they always have some kind of glitch. My 4k Adrenaline screamed on the top end, but wasn't smooth power and had throttle hang.

Quadzilla just doesn't have quality products in my opinion. I've tried to use them, but they always have some kind of glitch. My 4k Adrenaline screamed on the top end, but wasn't smooth power and had throttle hang.

Theres nothing smooth about a 4k, i haven't had any major issues with any of my quad products.
And about the scan tool key, ill bring that up when i talk to him in the morning. Hopefully by then he has found some kind of solution.

I brought up that there may be an issue with the key for his scanner, he says hes using the correct key for the truck. could the key just be junk?

Had high idle issues with my 4k so i have it turned off. There were a few times where the 4k would start to idle up and then pretty much run away. I cought it the few times id did that and would manually shut the truck off, restart it and it'd be fine. There was also a time or 2 where when it would "run away" that it would shut itself off.

As for issues on scanning the truck, we tried scanning mine in september with a brand new scan tool of my buddies (I don't remember the brand) not a cheap one, and it could pull the vin and general info about the truck and then stop. he has not had a similar issue on any vehicle other than mine. Didn't try with the quad unhooked.

snap-on's new software is not compatable with the vp trucks apparently. tried scanning my truck this weekend and i could not read live data. also had a bunch of funky codes that do not apply to my truck. lol! my dad had a similar problem with a customers truck, 01 vp.

Last time i scanned my truck i used a super cheapo from vatozone and it worked. Ill have to get a hold of him tomorrow and see what become of this.
And yes im a quitter! Black magic wires!