Vp --> Ve ???

blu_by_u

Diesel Head
I've had to change my VP too many times. Now I don't even feel like I can reliably drive my truck long distances, but seeing how I am without a job I don't have the coin to put a proper ppump in my truck. And really I don't have the time either. Job hunting takes a lot of time and I need to be ready to to an interview at a moments notice.

So that leads me to this question: Can I just put a VE pump right on in place of the VP without changing the gear housing or pump gear? I'm also wondering about the fuel lines. Would the VP fuel lines work on a VE?

Or would there be a better option?

no. the gear is different and the housing. the vp mounts on 4 studs and the ve mounts on 3.

Darn it all. Thanks, I'm not at all familiar with the VE pump.

Where are you getting your replacement VP's from? I've had to change mine @155K miles on the stock one, bought a brand new one from II and have put 91K miles on that one running Mach 7's. Some re manufactured pumps don't have all new parts in them and won't last very long.

Lavon

Where are you getting your replacement VP's from? I've had to change mine @155K miles on the stock one, bought a brand new one from II and have put 91K miles on that one running Mach 7's. Some re manufactured pumps don't have all new parts in them and won't last very long.

Lavon

Agreed. Seems like maybe you just had a bad run with a few bad pumps?

Maybe next time I'll buy my pump from II or someone like them. I still don't like how sometimes the failure mode is sudden death, and you NEVER know when that will happen. I know that Mechanical pumps aren't immune to failure, but they sure don't see it like the VP does.

I think that I'll just start slowly gathering the pieces/parts to do the Ppump swap. I'll start with the little stuff first, then work my way to the pump and conversion lines.

Or would there be a better option?

By the looks of your Sig. it doesnt say you have a aftermarket lift pump

Sooo......

Buy a Vp and a Aftermarket lift pump Air Dog/FASS

You wont have so many problems

$.02

since this tend to go out post where you brouht yours so the rest of us know about the problems that there having with their pumps. Or shoot me a pm if you dont want to leave any negative feedback about them thanks

Its not that it didn't last that long, its just that you never know when where or how (dead pedal, sudden death, etc) a VP will fail. The last time I was left on the side of the road. Thankfully less than 10 miles from home and I was able to get a friend to tow me home.

Even if you are at a decent pressure, that wallbro may not be keeping up with the TST and Jammer 5s. They flow something like 60 or 65 gph IIRC. A buddy of mine had one on his truck with a TST and 100hp injectors and it wouldn't keep up too well.

Even if you are at a decent pressure, that wallbro may not be keeping up with the TST and Jammer 5s. They flow something like 60 or 65 gph IIRC. A buddy of mine had one on his truck with a TST and 100hp injectors and it wouldn't keep up too well.

Agreed,The 392 is only 67.37 GPH

Turn your box down when you dont need it. Run it on level one till you do.

I hear most people say they have dead vps and they run their boxes on the highest settings all the time. On my 00 it lasted till 180,000 and was still goin strong when I sold it. Had drag comp and jammer 5 on it, just didnt have the box set to kill all the time.

i know this is not a fass or airdog but i run it with no problems its just a holley blue from summitt it flows 115gph at 14 psi. Mine holds like 15 to 16 psi 14 psi while crusin and i never seen it drop below 13 psi at wot

Hmmm. Well I was under the impression that the Walbro would be my end-all, cure-all to any supply pressure/volume problems that I might have. So I haven't installed a pressure gauge. Maybe that's the problem then. Thanks for all the help everyone. I do normally run the TST on 2 for daily driving and bump it up for fun every once in a while. Looks like I'll be keeping it turned down all the time until I can get a better supply pump in there.

With my new-found spare time I've been working on installing a "dummy light" for fuel pressure instead of a gauge that I would have to monitor. I normally like gauges instead of lights, but I plan on using a multi colored LED to show me a warning of <10psi and an alarm of <7psi....or something like that anyway. Another reason for that is I could adjust the set points for if I went to a Ppump later on.

So what are some of the better pumps that I should be saving some coin for?