Vp44 CC's

munchies

Anyone know offhand what the output of the VP is on other 6cyl applications.
Is that the basis to the monster vp? Different internals from other applications with a cummins ecm?

I was led to believe the VP's are in the 240/260cc range---the HRVP's in the 280cc range, the stage 1 monster 300cc, the stage 2 monster 350cc and the stage 3 was to be 450-500cc, but to my knowledge the monster #'s are #'s that are untested and were given to me by one of the original sellers who I believe no longer sells the monster pumps---so take it for what it's worth--the #'s for the VP and HRVP should be correct or very close though----chris

csutton7 said:
I was led to believe the VP's are in the 240/260cc range---the HRVP's in the 280cc range, the stage 1 monster 300cc, the stage 2 monster 350cc and the stage 3 was to be 450-500cc, but to my knowledge the monster #'s are #'s that are untested and were given to me by one of the original sellers who I believe no longer sells the monster pumps---so take it for what it's worth--the #'s for the VP and HRVP should be correct or very close though----chris

On paper, from what I know mathmatically the stage 3s are supposed to put down 650cc of fuel. However, I 500 to a littler more is what they are pushing in actuality. The only reason the difference is because they have not been put on a stand to see as the pump stand for the VPs are expensive and few and far between.

GSM-01 said:
On paper, from what I know mathmatically the stage 3s are supposed to put down 650cc of fuel. However, I 500 to a littler more is what they are pushing in actuality. The only reason the difference is because they have not been put on a stand to see as the pump stand for the VPs are expensive and few and far between.
how can anyone tell how much they are pushing if they have never ben bench flowed? i to have been told 650 cc for the 3 and that just sounds way to high for a VP. just my .2

LAmiller said:
Gus - I like how you ruffle feathers, it works everytime!

Just messin and keeping it interesting. Stage 3 math was done and worked to the tune of 630cc's. Years ago people didn't believe that you could ever get any power/fuel/flow out of a rotary roosamaster but it happend - bigger head and rotor and she's make the flow. Just because it's never been done doesn't mean it can't be. Results of the stage 3 have turned a head or two since it's inception.

farmboysdiesel said:
Results of the stage 3 have turned a head or two since it's inception.

Which way the head was turned is still up for debate LOL

Sooo..

Are these one off parts. Or can your average pump shop use a deere 6.8 or whatever vp and a dodge ecm and get a monster " pump?

munchies said:
Sooo..

Are these one off parts. Or can your average pump shop use a deere 6.8 or whatever vp and a dodge ecm and get a monster " pump?

Custom machined from what I remember.

Back