vp44 issues

INLINE 6

single turbo lover
i just replaced my vp44 tonight with another so vp44 i bled all the lines the diesel appeared to have air bubbles in it but i got it to start and it idled just fine like it always did reved up past 2k no sputtering i let it warm up drove about a mile down the road and it started to die i put it in neutral reved it up and it drove fine... then 2 mins later it died again and i coasted to a stop and it would just crank and crank i bled the lines again had lots of air in it again and it would start to fire up finally got it running again and it died again im stumped, had to tow it home all the fuel lines are tight every thing appears to be good no leaks it wont idle and i have to bleed it of air everytime i try and start it could the vp just be full of air stil??? anyone had this problem after replacing a vp thanks

i dont have a gauge hooked up right now the sensor on my edge went out a couple weeks ago got a new one coming it has a brand new fass 150 feeding it and it looks like it has plenty of pressure when i crack the lines.. maybe ill wait to hook the guage up before i try and start it again

Not to sound like im pointing out the obvious but did you leave a line on the VP side loose? or is there plenty of fuel in the truck? Just the first things that come to my mind when you say its gathering air in the lines.

Sounds like a fuel supply issue or did you do any injector work lately?

That was my next guess, Mine did something similar when it was VP'd and it turned out to be one of the copper washers on the injectors was crushed down to much

If it were just one injector not sealing it would still run just not well. Lost a washer when I did my headgasket once and it just ran like crap. Didn't die. I agree with what was mentioned above about fuel supply issue. A new Fass doesn't mean you're for sure getting enough fuel either.

Might make sure your crossover tubes are sealing too.

r u just drivin normal or gettin on the throttle n lettin off hard?? could be air lockin the pump