vp44 liftpump line pressures?

camshaw

installed a new rotary block mounted lift pump and ran a new mechanical guage to keep an eye on my lowpressure fuel supply. My truck has a 4" exaust,Edge Comp box,AFE intake and guages..stock fuel system but with a brand new vp44 mopar pump...line pressure around town is upto 17#s with this pump and down to 3# under full throttle on the fifth level on the Edge box...manufacturer says those numbers are fine for my application! Are they blowing smoke, I just don't want to hurt this pump if these #s are too high and too low??? I've heard too much line pressure to the vp will kill it,and I know too little will do the same...???

get a lift pump or your'll be buying another vp44 sooner or later and with the edge on it they may void the warranty if you didnt use the stealth cover. The easiest and cheapest way is a holley blue thats what i used and have great luck with it.

are you using a 12v mech lift pump?

you want no more than 20 no less than 10

yep the rule of thumb is if you tap the pump wire you need a aftermarket lift pump.

you might wanna look at a holley super blue pump. I have one on mine which totally eliminates the electric lift pump. it works much better

Get a line kit or relocation kit from vulcan performance and it will help keep the pressure from dropping. I couldn't get lift pumps to live very long, but the pressures were fine even on a bombed truck.