Walbro pump keeps blowing a fuse

nathan04

Last week while driving to the job, I was sitting at a stop sign and my engine died. I tried to start it, but it seemed like it was out of fuel. I knew it was not out cause I had nearly a half tank. So after towing it home, I seen my fuel pump fuse was blown. I checked my wiring at the pump and my ground wire was loose. So I fixed the ground and replaced the fuse and it started right up. This morning I started it to let it warm up, when I went back out to leave for work the truck was not running. Again another blown pump fuse. I checked my wiring but everthing seems to fine. It sounds like I have a short somewhere, but I can't find anything. Anybody have an idea? Thanks

check your filter the pump could be heating up and pulling more amps and blowing the fuse. if the pump is having to work harder then it will heat up and blow the fuse.

After checking everything. I checked my hot connection at the battery. The end of the wire where it is connected at the battery came loose from the battery post. I guess the wire was not touching the battery post all the time, so it kept blowing the fuse. I reconnected the wire and it fired right up. Thanks for the replies. Nathan