want to put a vgt turbo on my 03

cumminspower97

ok guys how hard would it be to swap a turbo off a 6.7 cummins on my 03 cummins? i seen some on youtube they sound really good but do they cool the egts any more then the one i have now thanks for the help

First.....need turbo, manifold, and downpipe off 6.7. Second..Need controller from Fleece.
Same performance, just no lag.

or you could do like some do and remove the elctronics control it with the boost psi have seen them that way also and u just need 6.7 manifold turbo and exhaust elbow-btw im fixing to be swaping my turbo on my 6.7 to a silver 66 so ill have everything off my truck and i do have an extra turbo if your intrested

done talked to Fleece about the controller. they are 650
they said i need to use a 2nd gen down pipe i have one if i do got to run one
now what exhaust elbow do i got to run?

im pretty sure you could run the 6.7 elbow and the 5.9 down pipe cause on the 6.7 to run a 5.9 turbo u gotta run the 5.9(04.5-07) elbow and the down pipes are the same dont see why you couldnt

done talked to Fleece about the controller. they are 650
they said i need to use a 2nd gen down pipe i have one if i do got to run one
now what exhaust elbow do i got to run?

2nd Gen downpipe if you do a 2nd Gen manifold........:nail:

There is a Cast Elbow that comes stock on the 6.7s, that is mounted directly to the turbine housing. If you use a 6.7 manifold, you need a cast elblow and a 3rd gen style downpipe.

Caleb

The stock 03 turbo is a HE341, the 6.7 is a HE351VE and will move more air. It also has a larger turbine wheel than a HE351VE (04.5-07 stock turbo), and due to the variable turbine housing it will flow better.

The controller from Fleece is the way to go, plus you can get an exhaust brake.. hopefully they will, or have, fixed how it's actuated.

You can do the whole thing for just over a grand if you find a good deal on the turbo, and you gain an exhaust brake.

i am doing the conversion now, i have everything coming and cant wait to see how it all turns out. I also have a CNC machined adapter from T3 flange to bolt up the he351ve for sale.

Ditto. I am using a 6.7 manifold though. Doing it this coming Monday. I can't wait! :woohoo:

i am doing the conversion now, i have everything coming and cant wait to see how it all turns out. I also have a CNC machined adapter from T3 flange to bolt up the he351ve for sale.

Got specifics on the adapter???

I need one, but if it is to thick it wont work for me....I am keeping my 2nd gen manifold and the electroncis to use fleece's controler...the shock tower is gonna come into play for me..

I need one that is pretty thin...I have found a couple and some are starting to make them with counter sunk stud holes....on both sides of the adapter, making the over all thickness much more do-able.

Thanks

Jake

Why not just install a better turbo. You won't see an amazing difference in power, just in sound. Silver 64, Super B Special, Super 62, Silver Bullet, any of these are way better than the HE351VE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not just install a better turbo. You won't see an amazing difference in power, just in sound. Silver 64, Super B Special, Super 62, Silver Bullet, any of these are way better than the HE351VE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends 100% on ultimate power goals and vehicle use.

im fixing to take my manifold and turbo off my 6.7 just over 75k just bought bd 2peice manifold and silver 66

Back