Wanted: Blower Motor Resistor

4x4dually

Staff member
Lost 3/4 speed on my blower motor. Anyone got a resistor pack layin' around?

Thanks.

Go to your local parts store. Bet its no more than 50 bucks for a brandy new one.

This is why I asked.

Advanced - $128
Autozone - $154
NAPA - $75
O'Reilly's - $128

I'd rather give a few dollars to a buddy and pay shipping than drop that much for a plastic POS.

I would pull it out and inspect it first. Theres 2 metal taps that the solder joint breaks on sometimes and you lose different speeds depending on which one. Its a simple repair with a soldering iron.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I'm gonna pull it tonight before I buy one. The way it is wired, with speeds 1, 2, and 4 working, there isn't an open resistor. It has to be an open wire in it somewhere. The diagram doesn't show how the thermal fuse is attached. I'll have to see if it is opened.

I'm gonna pull it tonight before I buy one. The way it is wired, with speeds 1, 2, and 4 working, there isn't an open resistor. It has to be an open wire in it somewhere. The diagram doesn't show how the thermal fuse is attached. I'll have to see if it is opened.

Typically if the resistor goes bad, only high works. Worth taking a look before buying one.

Typically if the resistor goes bad, only high works. Worth taking a look before buying one.

Yes. That is how it is wires. Maybe it a lose wire between the switch and the pack. I'll get the DMM out after it tonight. I was looking for options ahead of time. It has been out for months....just now getting around to it.

Yes. That is how it is wires. Maybe it a lose wire between the switch and the pack. I'll get the DMM out after it tonight. I was looking for options ahead of time. It has been out for months....just now getting around to it.

If you need a resistor or a switch I can check, I may have some left...

If you need a resistor or a switch I can check, I may have some left...

Awesome. I didn't get anything accomplished last night as far as trouble shooting it. I'll try to figure out the problem tonight.

Back