Wantin to mod my cummins

6cummins

Whats up fellas.. Well I just sold my 03 F250 and picked up and 04 cummins 4dr 4x4.. Its stock as could be. My f250 had all kinds of goodies on it and of course Im wanting to make the cummins fast.. So for right now I want to do the basic mods. Intake, Exhaust and programmer.. Whats the best parts to use on this truck? Im looking for a good programmer to make a lot of hp with the stock fuel setup intil I upgrade it. Also what would be the best programmer to stack it with down the road when I upgrade the fuel system? There is a bunch of diesels around here with banks big hoss bundles and crap.. I gotta spank em!! So help me out fellas.. :rockwoot:

www.smartypower.com

Especially on the common rail engines.

The TST PM3 seems to be an excellent stack with the smarty. Try to avoid PRESSURE boxes and go with timing/duration boxes. There have been reports of injector damage from pressure boxes.

Gauges are extremely important. Pyro is very important. Boost is neat, but isn't as vital as pyro. Fuel pressure isn't as big of an issue on the common rail trucks, but losing rail pressure can be a big issue. If you stack several boxes, your going to outrun the capabilities of the stock CP3 pump and dry out the fuel rail.

Everyone I talk to says I need to upgrade the fuel system on it.. What should I upgrade on it to handle the programmers? Is the smarty the strongest programmer out for the truck? I was told since the tst doesn't pull any timing that it would be the best box to stack with the smarty since the smarty pulls timing.. Correct?

What do you plan to do with your new rig? Hot street action? Drag Race? Sled Pulling?

B.T.W.- Welcome to the DARK side:st: