wanting a 6 speed tranny and everything else for a conversion

duramaxcummins

Chevy Cummins
just like title says. im looking for a 6 speed tranny for a dodge cummins. it'll be getting mated up to a 96 12 valve cummins thats in a 01 chevy duramax. i currently have a 47 auto tranny in it and no longer want it bc its burned up. i want to go to manual. anyone have any to partial trade for auto stuff or just plain want to sell, let me know, thanks! im looking for something close, well withen a 6 or 8 hr drive from ohio.

I know of one in FL that 6th gear is broken .... it would need a few hard parts inside, prob get it cheap. If its something you think you might be interested in, give me a figure to throw at the guy. Its sitting in his shop all torn apart.

well, i tell you what, i know new ones are about 2500, and i know used ones around go for 1500, but a broken one, i wouldnt have any idea on. im going to say 500 with it all in pieces. i dont know how to even put one back together just because i havnt had one apart, but it cant be any diff than a allison 1000 and a ford 5 spd zf tranny. if he'll take 500 for it and me pay shipping, than i will take it as long as the only thing wrong is 6th gear. is it a 4x4 or a 2wd? i'll need to know that too. thanks man!

I just talked to him ...... He said it needs 6th gear and syncro ... He said the shaft that #6 sits on is chipped but should be fine. He is the transmission guy at the local dealership. He said it came out of a 2wd truck..... If you still want to do it let me know and I will get you my paypal info.

Have a 2wd 6 speed that was redone around 10,000 miles ago and shifts fine. Removed from an '02 wrecked truck. Located in east central Indiana (about 45 minutes from the Ohio line)