wanting to put cummins in F-250

aaronpromotion

I have a 2003 F250 with 270,000 miles I want to put a cummins in it but don't know how much it cost or go with a 12v or 24v. Can anybody give me any info?

motor swap

i have sum info on the motor swap, i have a buddy that done this a year ago using fordcummins, bradley motors in minneosta just the motor cost him $7700 and spent another $3000 on motor mounts and adapter plate to the ford six speed manual. bad to say but spent a bunch of money and motor went down three weeks ago. There gna replace motor but wouldnt help with labor or shipping so he's got another 1200 dollars in the swap.:bang:bang:bang

i have sum info on the motor swap, i have a buddy that done this a year ago using fordcummins, bradley motors in minneosta just the motor cost him $7700 and spent another $3000 on motor mounts and adapter plate to the ford six speed manual. bad to say but spent a bunch of money and motor went down three weeks ago. There gna replace motor but wouldnt help with labor or shipping so he's got another 1200 dollars in the swap.:bang:bang:bang

Ouch!

:doh:

dude that sucks.Its probably something that they did wrong when they rebuilt it. In my opinion they should pay for it all

I pull trailors alot, the trailor is about 9000 pounds. I love the truck and it's paid for body is in ex condition and the best this g it's paid for. I would drive it till it blows but the injectors are bad and don't want to crank in the mornings!

Cost will vary ALOT will all depend on what you want done to the engine before it goes in and how much the engine costs you and if you do the work yourself or not.

Minus the cost of the engine figure on about 3k in parts for the conversion and around 5-6k in labor to have it done. Engines vary alot in price but anywhere from 3-7k, try to buy them as complete as possible to keep costs down later on.

When i purchased my engine, it was a 96 12 valve complete with 103,000 miles on it and got it for $2400.. I had to drive to new york to get it but worked out well. I did purchase all of my adapters though beans diesel performance.

Back