Warrenty Help

i just changed my ecm back to stock on my 05 f350 with my sct x3 and need my trans fixed and i wanted to know if the ford place could still find the trace from the sct? and if they can how do i reset the truck i only have about 4 days to get it fixed

No trace. If they ask about the P1000 code tell them autozone cleared the codes.

The failsafe method is to leave the batteries disconnected for 15mins. And when they ask, just say you had them disconnected to install something electrical.

Not judging anyone here, just making the statement that I encourage you to not be deceptive when confronting Ford on this issue. Ford warrenties their transmissions for stock power not tuned power. It is unfair for anyone to assign their increased risk over all the stakeholders of Ford Motor Company especially when they breached the terms of the warrenty knowingly.

I had Ford not honor warranty on my '06 because I exceeded the Gross Towing for my truck, and they claim thats what contributed to the failure.. Not that there could have been a Defective part

Not judging anyone here, just making the statement that I encourage you to not be deceptive when confronting Ford on this issue. Ford warrenties their transmissions for stock power not tuned power. It is unfair for anyone to assign their increased risk over all the stakeholders of Ford Motor Company especially when they breached the terms of the warrenty knowingly.

I have played both sides of this game. Items that are not covered under basic 3/36 bumper to bumber warranty are covered under a Ford Premium Care Policy. I have seen post after post of people taking their vehicles into Ford dealers and retarded techinicians bolting part after part onto trucks that did nothing to solve the customers problem. Completely stock vehicles that have had EGR coolers replaced when it needed an oil cooler also. Or transmissions that were overhauled and had the same part numbered reverse planetary sets back into them only to have them fail again once the truck was out of warranty.

For every moron customer that blows up his truck and wants to blame Ford, there is a moron technician at the dealer that is costing Ford millions of dollars because he has no business working on these trucks.

agreed, I have no faith in ford's real interest or ability to service my truck. Parts changers is all I have ever come across. I know there are some good ones out there, I've been impressed with what I've read from them on the boards online. Just haven't seen them at the dealerships I've visited. They can't even change the oil right half the time.

Please don't act like he is ripping off the dealership. He just asked a question. Doug had the correct answer.

I believe I identified all stakeholders of FoMoCo. That includes it's workers at factories that hinge on closure, the children of salemen who will be laid off due to the economic crisis, future warrenty holders who will be charged more due to deceptive claims. It's ridiculous to even argue this, I apologize for interrupting a thread to give my opinion and I thank you for yours.

You are very welcome. But the truth is I hear this alot out of people and it's never the right thing to do until its YOUR vehicle. Not bashing you individually it just makes me mad when I hear people come off like that. I dont feel bad at all. Especially when I have batteries dripping acid all over the frame, but they wont replace them under warranty because they read good on the load test. Stuff like that, you better get what you can while you can.

Back