Wastegate Options in 60mm Hx35 over 74mm

PPump24vMcNazty

Ok so I've ran into a lack of space with this compound setup, it's a 60mm hx35/40 over 74mm I don't have room to incorporate the hx35s built in wastegate, do I have any options other than buying a manifold with mounting flange and an external gate? Also will it hurt anything to run the truck without a wastegate at all for the time being ?

If you don't run the dog chit out of it you should be fine for a short while.

You could always incorporate a gate on the turbine housing area.

Educate me on my options for a turbine housing mounted wastegate bponci , sounds like what I'm looking for

Something like this.

Attachments

• 1432594741392.jpg
    1432594741392.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 0
I'm uncertain if I have room for that as I need it on an hx35 turbine housing wonder if anyone has ever done similar on one of those ?

I have done it to a 16cm hx35 housing before. Theres room for a 36mm gate. Just have to get creative.

I can't find a pic of it. That was about 9 or 10 years ago. I had external gates on the primary and secondary.

I had very little room in my set up so I did the same thing as pictured above but I welded a flange to the top turbo housing and moved the waste gate to where I had room on the second turbo. Ill try to figure out how to post pics.