water cooled HX-40 turbo

dieseldave

Have a chance to try out at HX-40 on my 95 12v...The thing I was wondering is the guy that used it last, didn't install the water coolant on the turbo.He had it on his truck about 3 months running without the coolant lines...Would this have damaged the turbo in any way??

I really doubt it. I ran one for 10K without coolant, the coolant is need for gas applications where high egts are sustained for long periods of time.

It shouldnt have hurt it. I know a few people are running the 6.7 water cooled HE351ve without the water running through it.

Eric

I've had my 451 VGT on for a lil while now and I still haven't plumbed in the water... I plan to, but it hasn't hurt anything yet.

As long as it was not rode hard and put away wet, I wouldn't worry.

The water cooling is basically used to cool the turbo once the vehicle has shut down using convection to prevent the oil from coking up in the bearings.

Thanks Guys...I picked it up today.....I have a HX-40 downpipe..The turbo is the 16 inch housing with the 8 blade...Lets see if I could spin it up with my LC and 215 injectors...I will also update my sig that disappeared after my computer crash...

8 blade will probably be 58mm. That is what my HX40 is.

The 16cm exhaust housing is definately the one you need. You shouldnt have any problem spooling it. I can have mine lit by 1600rpm no problem.

Eric

Yes its a 58...But on the intake housing it says its a HX-40G....G what??:hehe:

Back