water jacket location, did I just fubar my head?

cummin_undone

Anyone who has ported their head of has a cutaway of a 12v head. Is there a water jacket underneath the exhaust runners. I was smoothing the runner out on my number two cylinder and I might have punched through :/ I am uncertain though cause I figured what the hell and kept going a little bit and it appears to be getting smaller. Could it be I just found a casting bubble? I'm a little paranoid about stuff so I put down the Dremel and decided to ask before I went further. Thanks ks in advance
-abe

Also I'm unsure if this is the right place to post this correct me if it's not

SANY0528_zpsc2e9e221.jpg

Thanks for the quick reply shortbusdriver I'll get in and measure it when I get back home I think I'm safe cause I'm not that far back into the runner

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Different casting number heads are bit different than others.

Well here is a picture of where it's located. It is 1.630 from the mouth of the runner and I personally feel like it just a casting bubble I hit or something. Anyone think differently or is there something I'm missing? :confused:
hynu3u5u.jpg

No I hadn't thought of that I tried with a pick but I'll grab a pin and see what I can find good idea thanks

Well I tried to shove a pin in the hole and I built a plate and some stuff and pressure tested it and I believe it's fine. Thanks for the help guys

Back