Water/Meth Feedback?

SDDMAX

I am just looking to see if it would be worth putting water/meth injection on my 02 duramax. Anybody have any negative experiences with it? Or is it something to have? A friend has it on his 6.0L powerstroke and he says it works great for him. any info will help.

Water works great for EGT reduction, no reason to spray methanol instead of adding more Diesel though.

yea if u do use methanol, just watch how much you use. i got a little carried away and caught fire & burnt part of the wire harness, but water/meth kits def help egt's

h20- methj

Make sure its not a 50-50 mix or you will be blowing head gaskets, more water than meth! And O ring and studs! Im on my second head gasket!

have heard of two much meth and it causeing denotation blowing a few motors nothing wrong with the water cooling the egts

I know its good for lowering egt. i need that. Anyone know what kind of hp it could add to a duramax? im lookin at the aem or snow kit?

I know its good for lowering egt. i need that. Anyone know what kind of hp it could add to a duramax? im lookin at the aem or snow kit?

That depends on a few things, like how much power your making right now to to get the right jets installed and what mix of meth and water you use. I'm running a Labonte motorsports kit with the two largest jets with a 50/50 mix and I was told it was good for 50 - 70 hp gain. Don't have deff proof but by seat of the pants you sure can feel it, so I'm sure it's near those numbers. I've heard others have dyno'd and swear they got gains in the 100+ hp range. but who knows. hope this helps some.