Water meth injection.

pb1011

Is water meth injection worth the money and where do you get the water and meth mixture to run in the system. I have heard of people using windshield washer fluid for the mixture in the system.

i bought bucket of methanol from one of the local speed shops here in town, otherwise you can use washer fluid
as far as power goes, you cant feel it kick in like nitrous, but when i click mine on, it makes the truck pull a lot harder on the top end
mines a 2 stage kit by the way

water meth injection is a way to chemically cool the exhaust temps so you can inject more fuel for more power.
You hook a computer with a sensor and injector in the intake to monitor the boost levels and it injects a proportionate amount of water meth into the intake charge. The water cools and the meth adds power.

Yes, windshield washer fluid works it is basically 50/50 water/meth with blue die.

It works well with other turbo and supercharged motors but it appears to be bad news for 6.0's

It all depends on what you are using it for, it will give you up to 50 hp(depending on fuel) more but will help alot with your EGT's. If you are are looking for a longer sustainable hp gain for such things as towing this is the way to go, but if you want raw speed for racing NOS kits are priced equally and a lot more hp.

Carssuck said:
water meth injection is a way to chemically cool the exhaust temps so you can inject more fuel for more power.
You hook a computer with a sensor and injector in the intake to monitor the boost levels and it injects a proportionate amount of water meth into the intake charge. The water cools and the meth adds power.

Yes, windshield washer fluid works it is basically 50/50 water/meth with blue die.

It works well with other turbo and supercharged motors but it appears to be bad news for 6.0's

Windsheild washer fliud is not 50/50 most of the time. It works in a pinch but if your looking for the most HP mix your own.

I just bought a gallon of distilled water ($0.89) and a few bottles of the yellow bottle fuel line antifreeze of HEET ($1.29 ea x 6) and have the same thing. at 35% mix, it produces a butt dyno 50hp and smoked my clutch :)

I am looking to bring down the EGT's when i pull my trailer up the hills. But some extra hp never hurts.

Thanks

pb1011 said:
I am looking to bring down the EGT's when i pull my trailer up the hills. But some extra hp never hurts.

Thanks

it does that too, if that is your main concern you can run straight water and not run any meth. works pretty well.

I haven't messed around too much, but to cool things down quite a bit you can add a dual stage system and dump in water till it causes a stutter, then back off and that will get you the best cooling. if you need it for hauling, you would want to get a pretty large resivior as too not run out.

check out http://www.alcohol-injection.com/ they are on the cheap and work really well. I have the basic system, but they have progressive controllers as well. Customer service is A-1. I ordered the kit and specified te type of switch needed and size nozzle, before I got the item in the mail he had emailed me saying the kit went out with the wrong nozzle and switch and he was sending out the correct stuff for me right away.

pb1011,

Most guys run blue washer fluid(check the label to make sure it has methanol, some doesn't) it is approx 20% methanol, if you get teh Yellow winter fluid (and again check the label) it is usually 40% methnaol. Either way it is cheap and you don't have to mess with mixing it either. Buy it and pour it in! Straight methanol is best but the difference in performance and the cost/hassel of mixing isn't worth it for most folks. The Snow kits are diesel specific and use nylon and polymers in their system as methanol eats most any metal over time, the lesser kits use brass and steel but it's faiulre waiting to happen. Plus you'll hear of brands that claim EGT and boost controls together, while in reality ONLY SNOW has that, the other have boost OR EGT controls.

Most folks get 60-80 HP on 40% methanol and an EGT drop of 175-200 degrees. You can use water for EGT drop only and of course that saves you the cost of the washer fluid. If you have any questions on them let me know.

Mark @ DPPI

Mark,
http://www.coleparmer.com/techinfo/ChemCompResults.asp

Chemical Compatability of brass and Methanol Has a Compatibility Level of A-Excellent
I know if you call snow they will tell you its not. This is there marketing strat because I still have some non coated brass. The problem is the nozzles orfics is very small, If you coat the nozzles in nickle you stand the chance of messing up the spray pattern of the nozzle. It could cause an out of round spray or pullsing with high presures. So we did not go that route. Brass will discolor so thats probley how this bad info keeps spreading. Thought i would clear that up.

btw
I believe snows kits, fittings andnozzles are brass, There nickle plated thats why they are silver. Been awhile since I bought one of there kits, But thats how it was the last one we bought.