Water/Meth; To Keep or Not to Keep?

The Hill Billy

I recently re-acquired my old 24v back. The guy who had it for a stretch blew the motor up (says the shop told him he "dropped cylinder #3"). The replaced it with a reman 24v bored .20 over and installed head studs. They also installed a snow water/meth kit. Other than the .20 over, studs, and an Edge Comp, its a stock 24v with stock hx35 turbo.

After searching around and reading this thread:

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66941&highlight=snow+water+meth

I don't feel that I have a need for it, and that it may potentially cause more harm than good. I don't tow anything currently, but have plans to start pulling a toy hauler up to the mountains for hunts and what not. When I had the truck the first time, I had put a set of SDX injectors and was looking to make some turbo upgrades when I let the truck go. I will one day start down the money pit that we all know the aftermarket arena of these trucks to be, but don't feel I will ever really get into enough of a build to need the water/meth.

My question to the peanut gallery is; Am I thinking correctly that it is more likely harmful given the lack of need to cool EGT's at this point in time? Is there anything I need to make special note of when I take it off of the truck? (Should I decide to do so). Anyone happen to be looking for such a kit? Hahaha

Thanks!

I had the Stage 3 mpg max kit on a 12 valve and there was a noticeable drop in low boost smoke and a dramatic increase in fuel mileage just driving around town. I saw as much as a 3mpg increase with just the truck no towing