water mist pre-turbo in improve turbo efficiency?

I know some tractor pullers do it, but not sure if they just needed one more spot to inject water or if it is there to improve the efficiency of the charger?

Thoughts, discussion?

I should add, I'm talking about a competition use only truck. Lets say 20 runs a season. If the wheel shows wear, it could be replaced for the next season.

I've asked about it. From what I'm told it helps seal the compressor to the housing and cools the charge.

A wise idea someone had was to inject a very fine mist at the center of the wheel. As in the cone of spray just misses the nut since the fin speed is slower there.

I've asked about it. From what I'm told it helps seal the compressor to the housing and cools the charge.

A wise idea someone had was to inject a very fine mist at the center of the wheel. As in the cone of spray just misses the nut since the fin speed is slower there.

^^^^ yep that's correct

Compressor sealing + alot more, Getting the water in there early makes more sense to me. Gives it more time to act. Lots of theories about it.

Why not get a better charger?

I understand what you are saying, I'm not trying to make a cheap non ett wheel off the shelf charger flow like a S510. I already have a better charger for this year. Just wondering if this idea would provide for any % gain in flow from it? Due to class limitations, fuel will never be an issue, air will be.

Just asking the question as I have seen some tractors with the best chargers on them that still run the water pre turbo... and they have more money in the chargers than I have in my whole engine.

Compressor-inducer injection isn't intended to supersede better chargers; it just increases the pumping efficiency of the one it's used on.

When injected properly, atomized water travel travels radially along the blades to their tips, where it helps seal them against the housing.

Any of them have 11-blade ETT billet wheels?

the one I saw tonight wasn't a billet wheel. It was a 4.8" inducer though... With water injected pre turbo as well. I'd have to look at my pics to see how many blades...

I would think that anything you can do to improve the air density ratio into the engine would be beneficial, Even with the best charger money could buy, if you can increase the air density you are still stepping towards more mass air flow through the engine making a better burn of the fuel. I wouldn't inject water pre compressor on a single turbo engine, i would do in in between stages with a twin setup going for the effect of intercooling in between stages.

the one I saw tonight wasn't a billet wheel. It was a 4.8" inducer though... With water injected pre turbo as well. I'd have to look at my pics to see how many blades...

None had 11-blades, but soon...

Sounds cool but be sure that the water is extremely atomized. Large amounts of water can and will throw the rotating assy. balance off as the water is slung off the comp. wheel.

are you reffering to the gtx line of garretts? if so I agree they have some nice looking maps i really like the pressure ratio on the 4202X