water plug

Either drill the manifold next to the brass nipple for the egr cooler return to the degas bottle. Or put a 1/2 brass T into the heater core line. Its 3/4barb to 1/2pipe on both ends with a 1/2pipe to 1/8pipe reducer in the center.

What material is the sender tube on the autometer gauges? Is it stainless or what? My fuel gauge still isnt here yet. Would this be worth it or not? http://www.dieselmanor.com/dm_products/DM-FPH.asp I am assuming the gauge sender screws onto the DM ss hose. How long do you think i would need to get it to the firewall, 12 or 24 inch?

You could use that hose but you will need a way to bleed the air from it.

Are you are using an electric fuel gauge? If so IMO just buy the fitting to hook the sender up to the test port on the secondary fuel filter. Never understood why the fuel pressure sensor would be any different than the other sensors hooked directly to the engine, and mine has survived for along time that way.

how would air enter? How would it be any different then changing the filter and introducing air?

If you ran the tube off and pointed it up fuel would try to compress the air trapped in the line. If you mounted the hose pointed down, the air would bleed back to the fuel filter housing. The housing has an air separator in it. So when you change the filter the air goes to the top and it gets bled out. Think of it like a brake caliper. If you mount the bleed screw down you will never get the air out.

Back