water to air and air to air

fluty118

i have had and idea to run a water to air then into my air to air intercooler but dont know if running both would actually be benifical or a waste of money. compressed air would go from my charger into a water to air which would mount to the passanger side inner fender then i would pipe it to the air to air. i would be running a heat exchanger with fans in the bed with electric pump to circulate the coolant. whats your guys opinions

not recommended - consider the pressure drop across both units, as well as the efficiency of each one. that and there are better ways to spend your money

Correct...but if you really wanted, air-air first, then the air-water would be a better way to plumb the system.

With a good air-water, you really don't need anything else!
Chris

which brand would be a good one to go with someone mentioned to me frozen boost and thank you for the replies

heres mine, rated for 1200 horse power, 0.2 psi pressure drop at 70 psi, and no it doesnt fit as well as i would have liked.

kdk_0062.jpg

kdk_0063.jpg

kdk_0061.jpg

its a frozen boost one, ive been using their stuff for years with nothing but good results

I've got these. Good size coolers with 4" inlets and outlets or 3 1/2" inlets and outlets. :rockwoot:

Last edited:
looks like a really small core with big tanks, whats the pressure drop on them?
The core is 10"x10". If thats what you call small ok I guess. Those coolers are 21" long. The do the job for sure. Keeps temps so cool the water injection has never been added.

10 x 10 x 10?

somethign about the end tanks makes it look weird to me im just not sure what

rollin coal- so you lost the water/meth i assume? (i dont see any nozzles)

what do your egts look like compared to intercooler/ just water/meth / and water cooled (aftercooler)?

intake temps on a 90 deg day are 110 w/ the water/air intercooler, 190 w/ the air to air and pegged the 300* gauge non intercooled, they hit 200-220 non intercooled w/ water/meth but ambient was around 70*