water to air streetable?

Dido

Was debating on going with water to air setup. But I don't have much experience with them. Has anyone out this on street driven truck?

Logan ellis has it on a vp truck, runs good hes just got a seperate cooler in the bed with all the lines plumbed to the front of the truck to the a/w cooler.

Ahh that's good idea I never thought to do it that way Is a/w a significant difference of a intercooler

I am sure when u are pump ice water throuhj the ic it is a great charge air cooler but who wanys to maintain that on the street for dd

I am sure when u are pump ice water throuhj the ic it is a great charge air cooler but who wanys to maintain that on the street for dd

Way too much bs for a dd. Ive seen guys do it if they putt to car shows or a Sunday cruise. But no DD that chit.

i was thinking more of running secondary radiator with glycol so that it will transfer the heat better. no ice box to maintain

i was thinking more of running secondary radiator with glycol so that it will transfer the heat better. no ice box to maintain

Better keep it a daily driver if you plan on doing that.

They work fine on the street if you have the proper heat exchanger and fan setup. Only reasons to go this route on our trucks IMO are;

1. Setup with reservoir that can have ice added at the track. Hence giving additional benefit.
2. If packaging limitations underhood do not allow a sizeable A2A intercooler.

We use W2A with a small radiator as the heat exchanger on our turbo hayabusa setups and they work great. In fact they work better than our A2A setups while taking up less space.

It all comes down to the cores and heat exchanger you use.

You would make out better just adding a meth kit on the street for cooling.

Still trying to figure out why a guy with twins has heat issues on the street though.

im gonna give the w2a id like to try some different ideas by making it so i can supercool the glycol before it leaves the exchanger for on drag days and run just w2a for street use.
Crawler i could run a w2a but i'm just looking to test out different waters.

Andy i had a meth kit i didn't care for it. id run nitrous before meth again. and i never said im having issues on the steet i want the w2a for drags.

Way too much bs for a dd. Ive seen guys do it if they putt to car shows or a Sunday cruise. But no DD that chit.

this truck isnt a DD its just a sunday truck and track truck. other then that it just sits