Watercooled Precision 67 Help

Justin_dubree

I was curious if anyone else on here is running a precision ball bearing on their 2nd gen 24v at all, and if so how are they routing their coolant into the turbo? I find it easiest to pull that freeze-plug in the head right between cyl 3&4 and run a braided line into one side of the turbo, but where should it then drain to? It's very similar if i'm not mistaken to plumbing in a coolant bypass common on third gens no? Any help would be appreciated, I'm trying to make this as clean of an install as possible being that this is my unmolested daily, and not my 12v race project on the back burner.

Thanks.

-JD

I was thinking the coolant bypass method would workout a little bit cleaner, and would also make it very easy if I ever plan to remove this turbo and go back to a traditional thrust bearing center turbo. I can just pop the plugs back into the head and call it a day. My last case would be the heater core hose.

Automatic or manual shift truck? If manual, plumb into where the factory auto transmission cooler lines would go. If auto, plumb in the cooler feed. I wouldn't plumb into the heater, it's purpose it to get hot coolant, you want cold coolant.

It's a stick, and good thinking, that's what I was looking for on this one. Something outside the box that would work without flaw. Thanks for that idea.

Any port in the head is a pressure side. The tube under the exhaust manifold is a vacuum side of the water pump. So you would have to tee back into the heater hose for a return.

The 1/2" pipe port on the side of the block above the water pump is pressurized cold water, anything on the water inlet hose casting will be the suction side of the water pump (can't picture the 24V Dodge casting right now). Theoretically, plumbing it like that will circulate some turbo water back into the turbo, but due to the volume moved through the water pump it will be very little.

I'm very tempted to plumb a daily driver water to air this way.

Heaters are plumbed into the port at the front of the head to grab the hottest pressurized water, and dumped back into the water inlet.

BUMP ended up getting some -8AN to 1/2 npt fittings. If I plumb from the outlet above the water pump, can I safely dump it back into that back heater core line?