Waterman lift pump ??

05hummincummins

smoked ya
Im putting together something to go and pull on the weekend and beat on the street if i want to. My question is will a waterman lift pump hold up to the street driving or will i have issues ? Its a stock bottom end with Hamilton cam , springs , and pushrods. Benched 12mm inj pump and 5x16 injectors w a 464 charger. Im down to fuel system and have an extra waterman laying here left over from previous build.

From what I've read, as long as you keep a good prime and keep it fed, you shouldn't have an issue.

My buddy ran one on his Ppump 24v and had no issues. Longer crank times just to build the pressure back up but usually the check valves do a pretty good job of holding residual pressure for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also curious if I don't run a checkvalve before the pump if it'll be a pita to start every time.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Also, do a check of the different waterman pumps available. They make some smaller ones that could be plumbed really simple and not have to use all the expensive check valves and such. I think the "sprint .300" would provide adequate amount of fueling for even a heavily modified engine, yet would not require 1500 dollars worth of fittings to hook it up.

The Sprint 500 pumps wouldnt be very expensive to plumb, just depends on how nicely you want it to look and what quality of fittings you want to use.

Could do it for around $500 with eBay stuff. I have around $800 and that's all summit/fragolia fittings and hose with filter heads and the koul tool for 6an-10an.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Do you run a check valve to help with drain back

No, there is no drain back. Just a high speed check on the pump return. Mine has always stayed primed. You'd be screwed if you ran it out of fuel though. :bang Priming them is kind of a pain.