Weight savings

Dodgecummins123

Diesel Freak
I've gutted the cab completely on my pulling truck and was wondering where else is it safe to cut weight I pull 2.6 by the way. Thanks Ryan

Take a hole saw to the inner liner of the roof and inner structure of the door.

Posted via Velocity LG ALLY

What is your wight now and what ate you wanting to achieve? Hood stack it? Two feet of pipe is lighter than 20 if your in stock location

Wiring? Considering it's a pulling truck I would think you could get rid of almost all of the wiring. Just the bare essentials for gauges, charging, and the starter.

Cut all the webbing out of the hood and pull the springs on their hinges, using a prop rod. This may make it retarded easy to tweak, like a Chevy hood, I've never seen it done. The front fenders are heavy too, but they hold up the hood so I'm not sure how much support you could trim off them.

HVAC box is heavy too. Don't need any heater core, evap, comp or condenser. Mirrors. Convert to single battery. Rear bumper. Tail lights. Head lights. Etc etc. hell take the back glass out and put that thin plastic junk in there.

Outlaw 99 the truck wieghted 6000 when we started then we added some reinforcement and i am not a hundred percent sure what it wieghts now bare

I am at 6k with a full interior. Reg cab too. You should be down to 5250 but any lower would not be plausible.

2.6 trucks must be street legal, no hood stacks and all working lights, windows etc.

my truck weighed in at about 6000 without me in it with no bumpers or tailgate. But I had my toolbox full of junk still, driveshaft loops, and my 1 1/4" solid traction bars. Could easily get these trucks under 5800 if not more.

Even for a eclb i would have though tyour truck was lighter than that. My 97 rclb with single 36x14.5 sts weighed 5800 pounds with full interior and it can easliy go lower. Between the weight bracket and weight i had 2100lbs of weight. You could do a light weight custom rear brake setup. stock drum setup was 120lbs new brake setup was 15lbs. If you dont have a full interior you have to hang 200lbs over the rear axle.

Read your local rules for 2.6, bob here allows hood stacks but alot of original interior and parts must be retained

Dodgefever if the rearend of the truck isn't bobbing off the ground you dont have enough wieght out front and you ain't driving the truck down the road and its a kingpin frontend
Kyle we already have a lightweight rear brake setup

I got mine down to 5600, but its pretty gutted at that weight. Haven't weighed it with a full seat, and stereo system like I will run on the street though.

I know the Dow brothers have theirs down to 5500 or under, might want to ask them. I'm a 2wd guy, so I wouldn't know ;)

Not sure what wheels you guys are running but some weight savings can be had there. My real racing 16x10s weigh like 14 lbs each.