Weird 3rd gen cutting out problem, electrical related?

moparman13045

I believe I am having an electrical cutting out issue on my daily driver 05. I dont believe its a fuel issue, as my fuel psi and rail psi look great. The truck will completely cutout for about a half a second then come right back to life. It will do it intermittently, with no real pattern to it. Almost feels like the throttle pedal is dead then comes right back. It will do it at an idle like at a stoplight or while I m driving and it is the same either time it does it.

It has done it ever since I changed the steering box in the truck two days ago, I m not sure if its related to this at all or seperate but...

I am not sure if I hit any wiring or something with my arms when I was doing this, or if its a not related to this at all, but I looked it over quickly but didnt notice anything out of the ordinary in the wiring around the steering shaft area.

I checked the wire by the a/c compressor that usually rubs and causes this same symptom but it looks fine too.

Any ideas guys? I have an 04 truck manual truck that I can switch parts off of if needed too.

I had a similar problem once. I guess it could be many things on your part but mine turned out to be the wiring harness on my quadzilla, it had a short. Sent it in and got it fixed.
When I run into a problem it is always coincidental to a project that I just finished so it always throws of my diagnosis lol

Just has a smarty on it, garmon trans, injectors, and super b special, idk what happened to my signature on here but anyhow, I also have a code p0341 camshaft position sensor signal.

Just about to tell you to check cam sensor wire. You don't happen to have a remote start on the truck do you? I had an 06 that would do the same thing turned out it was the tap on cam sensor for a remote start causing it.

Also, check the wires going past the A/C lines just above the compressor. They are know to chauff and cause this issue. It will also through a cam code when doing this. Put some plastic wire loom on it after tapping it up with a little electrical tape.

OK thanks guys, yes it does have a clifford/viper remote start on it, so I ll check that for sure.

Just has a smarty on it, garmon trans, injectors, and super b special, idk what happened to my signature on here but anyhow, I also have a code p0341 camshaft position sensor signal.

On my '05, I had dead pedal caused by a low boost code when running my 66/74 with stock software. Loaded up smarty, turned wastegate off, and no more dead pedal.

Also, check the wires going past the A/C lines just above the compressor. They are know to chauff and cause this issue

Are all years affected by this?

Anyone have a pic of the affected area?

My 05 will do the same thing,always has,it can be at any time or throttle angle or load,so far it has posed no problem except to give me something else to worry about.

Well guys, I must have jarred a wire loose to my remote start system when I was working on the steering shaft, I disconnected and reconnected my remote start connections at the computer t taps and that did the trick, no more problems, thanks for all the advice