Weird Idling

Notorious6.0

How Bad Do You Want It??
Friday morning I got in my truck to start it and let it warm up a bit. It's a 03 6.0 CC 4x4 Auto. I have an SCT and had a high HP tune in. The temp was about 25-27. I have ran this tune all winter with no problems. I am currently running synthetic Rotella. I cranked on it about 4 or 5 times and it would turn over and sound like a high idle for about half a second and then die. It did this every time. I cut the switch off and patted the go pedal 2 or 3 times and it started. When it started, the engine emissions light came on. When I left the house I was going along normal and it would rev up by itself without giving it any gas. Sounded like it does when it flare shifts. I drove it for about 5 miles and it did it every little bit. I stopped and took the tune out and returned it to stock. I also cleared the DTC. Even on stock it still did it. It revs itself up. Doesn't matter if you're stopped or not. Seems to just do it when I am giving it very little gas or no gas at all. It does it while idling also. What could cause this. Never had any problems with it before. Thanks.
N-

Last edited:
yeah it did. it wasn't a constant thing. sometime it does it and sometimes it doesn't.

my truck would do weird things when it was cold, super sensitive throttle input, surge, and sound funny with rotella and amsoil. never did it again with valvoline$.02

Back