Weird knock

luvmy055.9

I installed II 30lpm injectors and a bag of parts on the cp3 after install noticed a knock when the motor hit 185* and above. It idols smooth no noise only on acceleration. We pulled the valve cover off checked the lash everything checked out. My question is can this just be a "injector knock" as Ive been told or should I be looking at other things thanks for the help

unjector knock is not very noticeable unless they are really really bad. i've heard them get pretty loud on an 03 that came into the shop, when i tore it apart 4 of the injector bodies were cracked.

did everything go okay when you installed the bag of parts? if the pump is creating to much rail pressure it will cause a crazy knock. if one of the injector plugs on the side of the head is not plugged in all the way it will creat a crazy knock.

i thought you meant when idling mine sounds fine when eccelerating it just has a slight fuel knock at idle

no its under aceleration thats the second time ive heard of the injectors not being seated right i might have to tear it apart again

Well Ive tore the injectors and tubes out replaced the #6 tube (had notches around the hole) put it back together and the knock is still there. Ive done some reading on re clocking your cp3. Has anyone heard of this and tryed it with any results? The noise sounds like its coming from the rail. I was told when you modify the cp3 that it throws the piston stroke of the cp3 off of the stroke of the motor. Something about the cp3 being out of harmonic of the motor:confused: Has anyone heard of this before?

You can try putting engine at tdc and pulling gear off cp3 and rotating it some and putting gear back on. it fixes some and makes others worse. Its the luck of the draw. all CR 5.9 and 6.7 from the factory the gears are just pressed on where ever its at. the noise will not hurt anything but can get annoying. good luck

You can try putting engine at tdc and pulling gear off cp3 and rotating it some and putting gear back on. it fixes some and makes others worse. Its the luck of the draw. all CR 5.9 and 6.7 from the factory the gears are just pressed on where ever its at. the noise will not hurt anything but can get annoying. good luck

Thast kinda were I am with it at this point I just got reading a 30 page thread on the cf about this re clocking of the cp3. When I get home I will try this and let you know what I find out thank you for the input