Well thats a surprise

Santa Gertrudis

6.4LTTFMF
My truck is getting head studs right now, and I will be getting the truck back tomorrow. I didnt have any issues with blown head gaskets.......so I thought..... I got a call yesterday from the service manager to update me on everything, and he told me that I did infact have a blown head gasket. I had two cylinders blown out on the left cylinder bank. The thing is, my truck hasnt puked a bit, nor had any of the typical symptoms. Ive had a little white smoke on cold mornings, but nothing to be alarmed about, and it clears after a few 100 feet.

Has anyone else had this happen? Ive been running a race tune since 25k miles, and my truck now has 98k. Wonder how long they have been blown....

Hes gonna let me look at the gaskets before he turns em in, so I will prolly have some pics of the damage

congrats bro! specially so near the end of warranty!

I bet there are thousands of people just like you running around on blown gaskets because there are no symptoms

yup...I didn't know mine were blown at the time...ran it for over 12,000 miles like that......

come to find out....If I remember correctly,...all 8 were popped.

29635.JPG

I bet there are thousands of people just like you running around on blown gaskets because there are no symptoms

Yep.....we were one of them! Our farm truck was the same way....had the same miles and same symptoms as the OP!....:bang

what dealership you go to. i couldnt talk mine into using the ARP studs?

The thing is, my truck hasnt puked a bit, nor had any of the typical symptoms. Ive had a little white smoke on cold mornings, but nothing to be alarmed about, and it clears after a few 100 feet.

Has anyone else had this happen? Ive been running a race tune since 25k miles, and my truck now has 98k. Wonder how long they have been blown....

Hmm so what where the other symptoms if any that you were having? My truck has been doing the same thing and I have had one several occasions short bursts of white on a fully warmed up truck. After I backed out of the throttle for a bit and then nothing when I got back into it. Even had a good amount of blue just once, figured it was a fluke since its done nothing similar since.

I need to bring mine in for an injector or FICM cold start issue at some point maybe I can get lucky like you. Mine is at 81k right now, so I am counting down lol :kick:

My truck had the same symptoms with a little puking. My truck is in the shop now getting headstuds! :rockwoot:

My truck is getting head studs right now, and I will be getting the truck back tomorrow. I didnt have any issues with blown head gaskets.......so I thought..... I got a call yesterday from the service manager to update me on everything, and he told me that I did infact have a blown head gasket. I had two cylinders blown out on the left cylinder bank. The thing is, my truck hasnt puked a bit, nor had any of the typical symptoms. Ive had a little white smoke on cold mornings, but nothing to be alarmed about, and it clears after a few 100 feet.

I can't believe no codes would have been thrown??? WTF is the purpose of on-board diagnostics if you can have 25% of your motor not running and have it not recognized...can someone with more knowledge explain this?

Back