Well the sterling eats another set of gears! what brand to go with

Sonic_Superduty

Common RAILHER!!
Soo saturday I`m headed home from a pull (which I didnt get to compete in seein as how I was the only heavy truck to show up) and the truck just starts making one hell of a banging noise that sounded like it was up front... got it to my buddys shop checked everything up front nothing, jacked the rear-end up roll the tires over I herd a little noise but the tru-tracs make some noise.. I pulled the dip-stick out of the rear mag pan and holy sh!t popped the cover off and there laid 17 teeth off the ring gear and they happen to be 456 yukons,,,, what should I re-place these with or should I stick with the yukons??? I have heard alot of bad and good about them but now Im a little gun shy goin back with them....:bang :bang :bang

Yup it will make your tires stick out about an 1.5" further out on the back.

i know the feeling Lance.... it sucks, I've gone through 4 rings and pinions in a year and a half and I'm looking to fund the dana 80 or 11.5" project.

Lavon

well last august I sheared the rear pinion, and went with these,,,,, tell me about it lavon if it aint one thing its another!!!! so if I went with the 80 what do I do about the rear abs??? do they have a hook up for the sensor like the sterling does?? and if I just avoid the abs sensor wont it screw up??? I would like it to be easily swaped so I can still use my abs???

Dually rear dana has the ABS tone ring in it just like a 10.5.

yep like I said above its a direct bolt up if you can get a ford dually rearend:rockwoot:

heres a couple pics of mine after it was bolted up set up a lot diffrent now but you can see its a direct bolt in....
DSC_0172-2.jpg

DSC_0173-1.jpg

I did this swap in my '88 F350, It is very simple.. The rear tires just tick out past the box a bit, Nothin Flares won't fix(Spacers on the front to even things up)

Back