were can i get a used cummins marine version

rhino 660

looking for the p-pumped 5.9L 12V version, all i can find is rebuilt engine that are 9-10K does any one know where to find them i spent a while on google
also are there differences between the marine block and head and the block and head in the 94-98 dodge trucks i know the injectors cam and pistons are different. also is the inj pump the same or does it use a different gov
thanks in advance

Marine head(1975 & 2208) -3393091 Low swirl, Uses valve seat inserts
Marine head(all others) -3927303 High swirl, Does not use inserts
97 Chrysler head -3927301 Low swirl, Does not use inserts

Blocks should be similar

There are a lot of different numbers for the fuel pumps for each CPL. Somebody else could tell you more. I am sure they have different internals. The governors are both RQV-K. CPL 2208 and 1975 have P7100. The rest have either a Nippondenso EP-9, Lucas CAV, or Stanadyne DB4 pump.

yes putting it in a boat also looking for one for my truck i heard someone say the marine block was stronger and the engine is balanced and blueprinted and bas better for higher hp

but for now my boss needs one for his boat thanks i will check the marine classifieds.

boat salvage yards. Look for ones around waterfront towns. The 5.9 marine engines are not very common. Most Cummins in boats are the 8.3's and up.

yes putting it in a boat also looking for one for my truck i heard someone say the marine block was stronger and the engine is balanced and blueprinted and bas better for higher hp

but for now my boss needs one for his boat thanks i will check the marine classifieds.

marine block isn't stronger... IH block is the strongest block I know of... the camshaft isn't good for non-marine applications, the truck will be a dog.

they don't get balanced/blueprinted any different than a truck engine

the navy and coast guard run 5.9s in alot of their boats. maybe look for some sort of surplus salvage or something

Back