Wet kit

Oh I'll be doing injectors. But this sounds like a perfect set-up for the low budget weekend warrior. Plus I'm plane 'ole curious.

I don't see how it can be much different than a wet setup on a gas engine.

A fuel solenoid and a nitrous solenoid but there may be a trick to where to install the nozzles.

Keep this in the back of your head. Injector injects fuel when its told and you get the right ignition timing. Fuel that is just randomly in the air charge lights off whenever it gets warm enough. Sometimes its not when you want it to.

Well that's actually the part I was wondering about. Does he pick up a signal from somewhere that tells it when to inject fuel or something?

Well that's actually the part I was wondering about. Does he pick up a signal from somewhere that tells it when to inject fuel or something?

It wouldn't matter when. If you have random fuel floating around in the cylinder it will light and go boom once the compression gets it hot enough. It isn't controlable. It just randomly explodes. Charge air temps will vary so how much compression is needed to raise the temp of the air in the cylinder will vary which is how ignition timing will be all over the place.

Right, a wet shot in a gasser is actually timed by the spark. You light the mixture at a controlled interval.

A wet shot in a diesel has no set timing, that's why they will blow up. Not if, it's when!

Right, a wet shot in a gasser is actually timed by the spark. You light the mixture at a controlled interval.

A wet shot in a diesel has no set timing, that's why they will blow up. Not if, it's when!

So you mean its not reliable HP? :poke:

So in this thread is Frankie admitting to using a wet shot of nos. Danny do a set of sticks. A set of 225's would work great for ya.
Just got back from vacation and ran into this thread, I don't know if you've been drinking too much of that Canadian Whiskey over the Holidays and lost some memory:chug::hehe:....I've told you several times on a few forums that I am running a dry kit...

I may be wrong but the wet kit Frankie is talking about is on his Dad's dually.

Correct David

Back