What about the new Revolution CP3 Kit

Steven Crouse

Pirate Diesel
I was about to buy a twin pump set up for my 05 cr and then I seen the new Revolution CP3 Kit from motor sports diesel now I don't know what to buy what do you guys think about about the kit ? I like the ideal for making some power with a single pump and being different .

Chris at relentless diesel is the guy who first came up with this idea and saw great success with it as far as cost and hp increase goes but never got to really test the longevity of this after doing it enough to go forward and start marketing it. After talking with him more about it a few months back at a dyno day at his shop he again reassured me that it did indeed work and work very well but he wouldnt recommened for a daily driver on a longevity standpoint because he never did any testing for such but it could indeed never have any issues with such. Here is his writeup on this check it out its a good read if nothing else:
Relentless Diesel View topic - The furious Fox - Hyperdrive CP3

They basicly take a dual cp3 mount and relocate the cp3 outside of the gearcase and then use a pully to hyperspeed the pump. The originall location will be covered up with a plate/sealing gasket of some sort.

yeah, I get the concept.

the gear in the orignal cp3 location is loose. isn't that bad? it'll bounce up and down...

well what happens to a gear on the top pump in a dual setup? isnt it the same thing minus the bottom pump? mark fox' truck from the link had that on for over a year or so before he sold the truck and never had any issues out of it.

there is no "top gear" in a dual pump.

aaargggh

The original cp3 on the gear case is gear driven. you can not remove this gear with out pulling the cover. the gear is located with the cp3 shaft.

if you remove the original cp3, is that gear removed? if not, wouldn't it bounce all around and damage stuff?

oh i was getting confused lol. i dont think they did pull it. is there nothing in there that stabilizes it?

yeah, I get the concept.

the gear in the orignal cp3 location is loose. isn't that bad? it'll bounce up and down...

I gotcha now wasnt following at first but yes you will have to remove the front cover and the factory gear.

sounds like it would be easier just to do twin pumps...may be more money but sounds alot easier

Nothing special about the kit other price. You will see a slight gain as if you had a slightly moded pump. But this way you keep the durability of the stock pump. If your second guessing the idea than put duals on it.

We have been overdriving the top cp3 on my duals pumps for a couple years now and running an 85% on the bottom and it was enough to flow 80lpm industrial nozzles and not loose rail pressure

I was goin to buy on of his Dragonslayer Stage 3 CP3's to use with the kit. (a Dragonslayer that can support 800+ can support 1000+ with this kit) If i do go with Twin with kit would yall get "Evil Twin Dual CP3 Kit" ??????

I am running a Floor It 5.9 stg 3.5 on my 6.7 with 150hp (75%) tips. I can not tell you what the RP is but I can tell you I am not running out of fuel on the top end.

Three weeks ago on the high way I encountered a little street rage against a ricer. my truck pulled very hard up to 135mph. It pulls to hard for me to be running out of fuel.

The only issue I see with the Hyper Drive system is seals going bad on the shaft. Its always been a issue on duals. Though some people never have the issue.

Didn't Chris make over 1000hp on a truck using the hyper drive setup? Don't remember if that was a stock pump or not.

My vote is for a Floor It stg 3.5 pump. Keep it simple with a single.

Last edited:
saw one on ebay today for 250 buy it now, guy had a lot of sales and 100% feedback,,,,,, just sayin..... got my duals going today and whew what a rush !