what air intake system

mballard

just wanted to know what air intake system is a good one to run on my
truck

I have an AFE stage II, seam to work well, had a stage I prior. Both worked well. It is a proguard 7, it filters very well, just my$.02

If your not wanting all out power I'd just do a BAHF and save some money. I have a aFe on one truck and a BAHF on the other. I really can't tell the difference between either, either way.

i cant find a chean bhaf i have one now thats a wix filter and cost 50$
what filter do you guys use. i drive in alot of dust and they are getting
expensive. so i thought maybe i could get one that could be cleaned

well i got tired of cleaning mine and went from a afe stage 2 back to the BHAF. I figured it was just as easy to spend $50 ever 6 months or so rather than wash a filter ever 2 months. I drive on dirt roads about 90% of the time and it wasnt working for me.

ya if youre on dirt roads alot I wouldnt run anything other than a BHAF considering its made of paper

i have S & B st. 2 intake-I've had others. I like this one the best overall-good
look, big filter, comes with tube to turbo-and is sealed off from motor very well, stays clean alot longer than others that are open.

mballard said:
i cant find a chean bhaf i have one now thats a wix filter and cost 50$
what filter do you guys use. i drive in alot of dust and they are getting
expensive. so i thought maybe i could get one that could be cleaned

If you do spend a lot of time in the dust the BHAF is your best bet.

Every time you change the oil try this, take the filter out and get on a section of hard flooring, be it concrete or wood, pick the filter up about 4 inches and drop it. Repeat as needed until you have rotated it completely around and are no longer getting much if anything out of it. This method will actually remove more from the filter media than an air hose will.

Another happy with S&B. It also seemed to increase the amount of ''turbo whine'' in the cab, which is an added bonus to my ears. I think most aftermarket filters are created pretty equal, everyone seems to like the one on their truck.

x4 on the AFE Stage II, if you go with the Pro-Dry S the Replacement Elemnts are more reasonably priced should you want to replace them in lue of washing.

PG7 has the BEST filtration with the FLOW for the AFE offering.

I just have a K&N filter. Do the BHAF make a noticable difference?