What are some common issures or problems to look for ?

moparcars1

I am going to look at a 94 cummins rclb 4x4 with an auto. It has 283k miles on it and is bone stock. What are some common issues or problems I should look for ? Here is what I have heard to look for so far.

1) Crack in frame near right front wheel

2) Bad ignition switch

3) Headlight switch

Help me out. Thanks

the headlight switch is the only one of those I've heard off. Check the trans for shavings, see how the torque converter feels. See if the pump has been touched (breakoff screws removed). Look for any weird out of place wiring (shouldn't be much wiring at all). Just little things like that.

Make sure the 4x4 works. The CAD is known to fail. That wouldn't stop me from buying it though.

I would just go ahead and buy it!!!!! But, thats just me..... I am a truck wh**re!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the all input guys. I went ahead and bought it. It was way to good of a deal to pass up. For as many miles that are on it, it is super clean.

Here are some pics of it
aaronstruck.jpg

aaronstruck1.jpg

aaronstruck2.jpg

aaronstruck3.jpg

Last edited:
wow i got mine for 4k and the body is beat to hell haha, but at least it had an upgraded tranny so win some lose some i guess, good find though

Thank guys. Ya the buy of a life time for sure. Runs great, shifts great and everything works. Drove it home 6 hours without a problem. The paint is less then 2 years old as well as the spray in bed liner. Yes this will be the drag truck..

Last edited:
Back