What boost numbers you all running

jrmmustang

I am new to this site but not new to playing with powerstrokes. I have a sct with erics x-race, x-street, tow. I was wondering what boost others are running. I am running 20-22psi WOT but the other night it would hit 28-30psi every few hits, and it ran great. So do i have a leak or is it the way the tune is set up. Also at a cruise 65 mph it is sitting on 0-1 psi. Also it will peg the egt pretty quick except when it was boosting good the other night. Also I was wondering If anyone has AE data logging around central WI, I would like to hook up the truck to see how the injectors are I think I might have one going bad thanks

My 06 runs about 22-24 at WOT, I can lug it and usually hit 33-34, but have pegged the 35psi gauge a few times. So yours sound normal

What doesn't sound normal to me is the 0-1 at cruise... I'm usually bouncing between 7-10psi at 75ish. I dont think I've ever seen 1psi other than when I let off the throttle.

Your WOT pressures are the result of Erics tuning yes. The cruise boost is not something I see though...

Yeah the only time i can hold 7-10psi is climing a pretty good hill. Even at 80 mph it will be at about 2-3psi. even when i pulled a trailer on x street it has 20-22 psi but egts climb really fast.

P.S. what do you have done to your truck to get those numbers

On my stock '06 i see 22-23psi at WOT.. have seen a few times 35-40psi.. Cruising 75 i see 3-5psi.

With the stock VGT turbo, and race tune: 28-30 psi when hammered down.
With the stock VGT turbo, and race tune rolling into it while in O.D: 35+psi

You may want to see if you have an exhaust leak. The bellows in the up-pipes crack. That would cause your low boost when cruising. Otherwise, your vanes may be sticking.

how is the initial throttle response? Are you finding your turbo is a little slow to light?

My 06 runs about 22-24 at WOT, I can lug it and usually hit 33-34, but have pegged the 35psi gauge a few times. So yours sound normal

What doesn't sound normal to me is the 0-1 at cruise... I'm usually bouncing between 7-10psi at 75ish. I dont think I've ever seen 1psi other than when I let off the throttle.

Your WOT pressures are the result of Erics tuning yes. The cruise boost is not something I see though...

My truck acts exactly the same as his^. Yours sounds normal.

What rpm's are you turning at 65? What size tires are you running? When I ran 35's on my truck, my boost at 65-70 dropped due to the lower rpms

I've ran everything from stockers to 33x12.5s to 34x10.5s to 35x12.5's and never noticed enough of a change with the boost to say so. 3.73 gears.

jrmmustang - those numbers were produced with nothing more than Erics x-race tune. It sounds way too high to me, but I haven't been on a dyno again to disprove it. That same day the Dodge guys were whining about numbers being low. That same day another 6.0 put down 270hp stock, so that sounds about right, my numbers just seem high. That was with stock exhaust and stock intake too.

I am turning about 2200 rpms 4.10 gears stock tires It does seem like it takes a bit for the turbo to light. And no matter when i get on it or roll into it it tops at 20-22 psi even pulling a trailer. Thanks for all the responses.

right now with my new build with 4.88 gears I see 5 psi at 65mph and from a stop it hits 35ish and while in drive and kinda getting into it it hit 40psi. Keep in mind this is once only since I am breaking in my new build and new turbo. I am running cale thompsons performance tune. Its 90hp I think. I am waiting for erics tunes to come in the e-mail.......

Keep in mind that dukcaln is running an aftermarket turbo not a stock one. So, his numbers are going to be higher for reference

trusted is right...its different from the 03 turbo i had. i seen 42psi tonight on the freeway short burst. Still a 90hp tune.

right now with my new build with 4.88 gears I see 5 psi at 65mph and from a stop it hits 35ish and while in drive and kinda getting into it it hit 40psi. Keep in mind this is once only since I am breaking in my new build and new turbo. I am running cale thompsons performance tune. Its 90hp I think. I am waiting for erics tunes to come in the e-mail.......

You may want to check the exhaust "Y" collector flange at the turbo...you may have a leak there.

Back