what can i shove in a 01 sport regular cab.

gunracer1

i want to put a pretty hard hitting stereo in my new toy but damn it seems real limited on what i can fit in there. any one know what is about the max i can put in and keep my leg room?

Ive got a tacoma that im getting ready to do. Im taking out the bench seats, replacing with 2 corbeaus and then doing a custom box with 2 8's in the middle. Also adding a set of 6x9's in the top rear of the cab.

Anyone else not surprised Dean chimed in on a "what can i shove in here" thread...LOL

Sorry Dean, I had to. :hehe:

:doh:

Really?? LOL LOL LOL

Go troll the general pitchat section , I was finally trying to be helpful, for once LOL :stab:

Guy I used to run with had a 96 reg cab dodge. We put two 12's behind the seat in a "ringed" box. They hit the seat some but he still had decent leg room. I'm 6'3'', I had minimal room.. He always talked about porting it but not sure if he ever did.

I'm 6'1" and I don't want to cut the cab and bed. Can you stick 6x9 in. The doors like the older trucks???

Dude, you've got to stop saying "stick things places". It attracts Dean to your thread for other reasons than what you are asking about..
(sorry Dean, it's too fun)

Yes you can replace them with 6x9's. My cousin put them in the front doors of his 96 dodge and I put them in the rear doors of my 01 quad cab. Just have to do some cutting is all.

Last edited:
Dude, you've got to stop saying "stick things places". It attracts Dean to your thread for other reasons than what you are asking about..
(sorry Dean, it's too fun)

LOL I laugh at all the comments that come from it so its all good..

Yes you can replace them with 6x9's. My cousin put them in the front doors of his 96 dodge and I put them in the rear doors of my 01 quad cab. Just have to do some cutting is all.

We are blending some cutouts in with fiberglass for the ones in my tacoma. I could very possibly blow it up before I make these mods to it b/c i hate it that much tho LOL

I kinda wish I had some time to mock up something like this with fiberglass and such. I like the look of speakers in the kick panels and a second one in the door or something.

I kinda wish I had some time to mock up something like this with fiberglass and such. I like the look of speakers in the kick panels and a second one in the door or something.

I like that alot to. I am going to do something simple and with minimal effort b/c the truck sucks and I hope to get a different asap!!

Hey mike I have 6x9's in the doors I just had to put some washers between the door an speaker so the magnet didn't hit the window frame

Back