What causing this problem?

AMMO22

BANNED
All the way between Houston and Tucson after picking up my wifes 99 2500 it would intermittently stop pulling but slowly, very slowly loose speed, the it would come back on like nothing ever happened. I did it with the cruise on or with me working the pedal. If I mashed the pedal to the floor it would loose speed a little quicker. I did find a way to make it stop for a while, but I didn't like to do it.......when I feel it shut down, let it coast in N for a couple seconds, long enough to allow the RPM's to drop to idle then put it back in gear and its fine for a while.

Would this be the TPS going out or something dealing with the lp or something totally different?

I didn't want to include this in my "longest and most expensive trip through Texas" thread because its just too much to handle.

since this is a new to you rig, drop the fuel filter out and swap in a new one. You can reset the APPS/TPS- Look in the Tech forum for the reset thread, see if that helps.... First bomb- get some gauges.

Well I changed the fuel filter and it runs like a different truck and I also reset the TPS. And it hasn't done it since that I've noticed, but the wife has been driving it.

I think this had something to do with it.

Cheese and Rice dude! Did they ever change the freakin' filter? Lord.

To be honest, I don't think they ever did. The air filter was just as bad or worse. I couldn't believe it when I got the out.