What CFM electric fan is needed for a non towing truck?

Morse

Diesel
I'm trying to decide what CFM electric fan I need for my 06 2500. I don't tow with the truck. Well, maybe 2000 pounds (four wheeler and trailer). I just want to make sure the ac works well in the florida heat.. Thanks..

The factory fan can exceed 10,000 CFM. Electrics for daily drivers? I know it has been done, but........

Don't. Stay with the factory fan unless you have a clearance issue (like a ATI superdamper). I can't idle for more than 10 minutes with a 4000 CFM fan and keep it <210F in the summer.

Flex a Lite is working on one for this truck it should soon be released from what I hear. Diesel Power Mag just did an issue on a flex a lite on a 97 cummins the other month. They said they could not get the truck to over heat and they got better fuel mileage. Flex a lite cost more than the universal ones but they are worth it because they only run when they are need and some other things go to the web site and check them out.

I ran around with no fan for awhile without too much trouble other than when the a/c was turned on. That caused immediate over heat issues. Now I have no a/c, a 180 stat, and a small electric. I guess I'll find out soon but I'm guessing it will work fine.

t3%2Ejpg

duke1n said:
I ran around with no fan for awhile without too much trouble other than when the a/c was turned on. That caused immediate over heat issues. Now I have no a/c, a 180 stat, and a small electric. I guess I'll find out soon but I'm guessing it will work fine.

t3%2Ejpg

Whats even more impressive....you don't have the radiator hooked up! Very, very impessive. I am running no fan, but my radiator is full of "Kool Aid." That stuff really works!:hehe: Just don't add alot of sugar....I recommend the "sugar free."LOL

On a serious note though...the stock fan is not spinning unless needed, hence electric fan clutch.$.02

weve got dmax flexalite fans on the puller (before the cummins set was released) with no t-stat and it will bring it down from 220ish to 150ish in only a couple minutes. but no ac and not a driver