What chip or programmer

cawt0123

My buddy just got an automatic 06 duramax, I know that efi live is the best for the duramax but this will be a daily driver that will not pull much what are some other options for him? Thanks in advance for the help

There is no other option, EFI all the way. I guess if you had to pick somtin else it would be PPE

if hes just looking for a little more power anything will work really.

IMO look into an Edge J/A, Predator, ATS E-power.

EFI is too complicated for a beginner unless you buy a tune from a supplier

I have had a BullyDog power pup, PPE Hot+2ET and EFI Live and in my opinion the PPE is really tough to beat for a bolt on truck. Level 4 was my favorite daily driver tune.

is superchip any good for just a little power for pullin a livestock trailer????? im not pullin just yet gonna get efi live in about a year

Superchips, and Bullydog are not good ways to go on the Duramax. The Edge is decent but still not all that great alot of issues with the edge deciding to turn your truck off when your on the highway. PPE, Quad ar prolly the best ways to go for a box tuner

PPE is your best bet for a beginner. Then upgrade later on EFI.

dont waste your time spending your money on an expensive programmer like PPE. If your wanting to get the best bang for your buck take the time to take it to someone that can specifically write you a tune for your application using EFI live. you will be happier in the long run trust me. its cheaper and also way better...just my 2 cents

EFI is a great product for a more advanced user, but someone who just wants to pull a horse trailer then use the truck for better fuel millage and drivability you can't beat the PPE plus those boxes seem to hold thre value well. Just my $.02