What diff?

leeso

I'm running 4.10 diffs and 33inch tires and at 100kph or 62mph my engine is doing 1950 rpm and using heaps of fuel. I want to drop the revs down and don't know what diff to go to a 3.73 or a 3.54 and maybe 35's. If you can tell me what you are running may help me make up my mind thanks.

If you go 35's i'd keep the 4.1, if you leave stock tires i'd stay at 3.7

Unless you tow heavy, and I mean heavy, I don't see the need for the 4.10's; especially given the sacrifice in mileage at any reasonable speed.

With the low end torque these engines are known for, unless you're running a large single, its more than enough to get all but the biggest loads out of the hole just fine.

I rolled 35's and a 64/13 single, towed 5k regularly, and never once wished I had lower gears. $.02

Unless you're a stop and go city delivery truck, get the 3.73's and don't look back. If you're putting mostly highway miles on; hell, you might even want to look at a set of 3.42's.

I might put 35s on and see what the difference is and if its not much better I'll look at the diffs. I'd like to get it doing around 1500 rpm.

My buddies 03 has 4.1 gears and 35 mtz's and he runs 70 mph at 2k. The speedometer hasn't been corrected for the tires tho.

I have several friends with 3rd gen trucks. We all agree for a local work truck 4:10,a are the way to go. Now for highway and towing go 3.73. If your just on the highway or towing nothing more than some four wheels 3.55 or less. I personally have a 2gen with 3.55 and that's the truck I now use to travel with.

I have 35's and 3.73s with 48re and I would not recommend the combination for towing unless you have the stock he351 or a similar small quick spooling single. Anything below 65-70 is just a pain. Switching to compounds for this reason.