What elbow for a Single Stack?

AMMO22

BANNED
I will possibly be making a single stack kit for my wifes new truck (99 2500 Sport). I know which flex tube I'm getting, the stack will be a 5"x36" Mitre cut, but I'm a little lost on the elbow to get the stack over on the passenger side of the bed. I don't really want to piece 3 90 degree elbows together if I don't have to. Where can I get a one piece elbow that will move the stack to the far passenger side?

Oh. I was going to post picts of mine but I noticed yers is a ferd. For what it is worth, I have one 5 inch 90 coming off the bottom of the stack turning in and to the front of the truck, the flex fit right on there. I have pics if it helps. It goes just below the bed and just above the frame.

Its not for the 350, its for my wifes 99 2500 (dodge) so it will be the same as your 2002

10-4. Hold please while I find links to the pics.....

Can you tell I like 3D modeling? Here is how I did it: one 90 on bottom of the stack, flex on the 90 up to the down pipe. I know it is a lot of flex and if I did it again, it would have more smooth pipe, but I'm not a pipe welder, just a mud dobber. It just so happeded that I had 6 inches between the bed and frame and have 5 inch pipe. One of the more sweeter things that have went RIGHT for a change! Turn the 90 more forward than I have it drawn. The amount of "flex" in 5 inch "flex" ain't crap.

I cant take actual pictures if you need them.

Attachments

• Stack Drivers Side View.JPG
    Stack Drivers Side View.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Stack ISO View.JPG
    Stack ISO View.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Stack Rear View.JPG
    Stack Rear View.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Stack Top View.JPG
    Stack Top View.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Awesome. So there is room between the frame and the bed? If so that will be great. Thats a clean setup like that. You used the flex tube to attach the 90 under the bed to the factory exhaust? How many feet of flex does it take? Thanks for you help.

There is room on my truck so you should have room to. I came off the 4 inch downpipe with with a 4"to5" adapter, then like 48" of flex, then the 90, then the stack. Use the flat band clamps if you don't take any other advice. They are worth it. You can take them on and off (your not supposed to but you can). Those u-bolt clamps smash the crap out of it all and ruin the pipe and you can't get them apart or back together. I'll take some real pics tonight so you can see how I done gone and done it. I'm sure 48 inches of flex is not recommended and the sissy way out, but at the time I was not the exhaust professional I am now....LOL Ya, right. LOL

Sorry, read your post again. You will have to adapt to 3.5 inch if you have the factory exhaust. Just a different adapter is all.

I dont think there is room between the bed and frame to do that

He has a Shortbox... I think it tis diffrent on a Dually.... I'll go look at mine... BRB

Nevermind...there is room...it is going to be a helluva bend though

That will be nice to save room in the bed. I want it to work right too.

Here is my 2d drawing of how I thought it had to be done (this would be the view from the front of the bed.

|
| | |
| | |
| |__ |
|___|____________________|
|

Ok nevermind, it shows up really wierd after I posted it. LOL

Alright dude. Here's the pics. Now, keep in mind it was raining, dark, and I was laying in a pile of rocks so don't get too excited about the pictures. They are more than dissappointing from what I had in mind, but here they are. You have to find the bed and frame to figure out what you are looking at. There ain't much room to back up and get a good shot under there. And don't worry Tim, the HD sticker in the back window now says "Comp D.com". :D

O, by the way. There are two types of 90 pipes. There is a long 90 and a short 90. You have to get the short one. The long one will not fit. http://store.airflo.com/alshra90deel9.html This one is a little shorter than mine, but shows you that you can buy really short 90's.

Hope this helps ya.

Attachments

• Stack 3.JPG
    Stack 3.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 18
  • Pipe 4.JPG
    Pipe 4.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Pipe 3.JPG
    Pipe 3.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Pipe 2.JPG
    Pipe 2.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Pipe 1.JPG
    Pipe 1.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Stack 7.JPG
    Stack 7.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Stack 14.JPG
    Stack 14.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 14
Thats a clean setup! And it saves all that room in the bed too. I really appriciate you going through the trouble of getting those pics, but just so you know they have been helpfull. I believe that will be the route I go for her truck. Thanks!!

Anytime. Hope it all works out well. Just use the flat clamps!!! :D I also bought the clamp that goes around the stack and bolts to the top of the bed cap. Not a good pic, but you get the drift.

Attachments

• Clamp.JPG
    Clamp.JPG
    15.8 KB · Views: 20
I couldn't see the clamp before, but I figured you were using the one with the flange that had bolt holes already in it. There is a Donaldson distributor less that 3 miles from our house, Thats where I went to get elbows and clamps for my truck, the manager let me go back into the warehouse and look around, he said we should have anything you would ever need for what your doing, and they did too, shelves and shelves of just big truck exhast parts. Thanks again.

Grand Rock has a single stack kit where there are alot less joints and obviously less clamps needed.

It does come up from the center of the bed and then moves over to the passenger side.... if you need info PM me