What fuel mods are you guys doing with singles

sleeperman

I was wondering what size of turbo and fuel you guys are running and how they spool and run. I have a truck with stock fuel (not even a after market lift pump) I'm running a h&s 300 tune with watermeth and I'm putting a Maryland performance single s475 kit with a 72/87/.90ar and would like to know how it will act? If it will spool or not? Thanks

Im gonna go out on a limb and say not very good... That wat/meth aint gonna help either... What about trans parts still stock?

Have you talked to MPD about this? Its not gonna spool good at all without fuel mods.

I put a 75mm single and a Colt stg 2 cam in a 6.4 for a guy that was running an H&S with hot tuning from KEM. With stock injectors & pump it was a dog under 2k rpm, above that it ran good and cleared the smoke. Large injector would have woke the thing up nicely!

If you want to stay with stock injectors & pump I would put a single 68/83/.90 S400 and an external gate on it!

Last edited:
I have ran the 475 and a 480 from MPD. I have dual fuelers, AD W/upgrade, and 100% nozzles..both turbos spooled great with those fuel mods and a .90 housing. Without any fuel mods you will not be able to spool it at all. With these fuel mods, boost starting coming in around 1900 RPM's, imagine trying it with stock fuel.. you will also need a completely rebuilt tranny, as you will be between 800-900 HP with fuel. Good Luck!

I called MDP and Craig said it wouldn't spool good either but the SOB at central diesel performance in Missouri ordered the 72/87/.90ar and Craig said it needs a 72/83 and it will do good.

Stick with the 83 unless you are throwing massive fuel at it..should almost light 200 RPM's quicker with the 83 compared to the 87

Well got the truck running after fixing the front pump on the tranny the guy that pulled the motor at central diesel performance broke it. And well the truck is a dog at cruising speed (70) it runs 4psi and 1250 psi the guy at central diesel says this is normal with this size of turbo and when the converter locks the truck falls on its face and just smokes.

Back