what fuel system

parttimepuller

what fuel system are some of you guys running?? I might be looking for a different setup if my $$ tree doesnt run out...

FASS 150/180@45psi (thats the actual part number) its a 150 series FASS with a 180gph motor. works fine for my 12mm pump

Ditto on a FASS 150/150 except I use a 260 GPH pump @45psi

I have the 150/150 on my puller. But its the one that was on my VP truck. It worked fine last year, never quite smoking but Im going to change a few things and Im affriad I'll run it out of fuel with my new setup plans... I here you can change the springs in these pumps to improve flow but greatly shorten life of the pump. Its already 3-4 years old but low miles and pulls. It might be best just to sell the system and make my own setup...

talk to Diesel Dan...he can set ya up with a new motor for that system for what you need. prolly cheaper than selling and buying a new one like I did...but there were other reasons involved. DOH

I will be running the aeromotive on mine with there bypass regulator. I'm trying to get all the fittings around for the pump right now.

.... I here you can change the springs in these pumps to improve flow but greatly shorten life of the pump. ...

The springs and check ball regulate the pressure. The pumps are designed to flow the maximum amount of fuel all the time. The spring and check ball just regulate the pressure to the IP and bypass any excess fuel.

If you change the springs to get more pressure the pump will still flow the same amount of fuel (possibly very slightly less actually). But the pump will be working harder to flow that same volume. This would shorten the life of the pump a little.

The FASS 150GPM motors and pumps tend to draw excessive amounts of amperage when pushing over 25psi by design. For this reason FASS recommends the other volume systems for high pressure requirements.

Airdog 150. I have heard that the bigger your pump not always the better.
By using an overly large pump, the pump just circulates and filters the fuel in the tank. It still only feeds the IP the amount of fuel it takes to maintain the pressure that it is setup for. No real harm is done other than you would have been fine with a lesser flowing pump, that may have lasted a little longer as it wouldn't have to pump as much fuel in its life.

Anyone in this neighborhood run and Aeromotive setup? Or a mechanical pump?

I'm running a FASS 150 series 95 gph 45 psi. Lowest pressure I've seen was about 28. Thats using a stock 12v overflow valve, no fancy regulator on the return side.

I'm swapping out the the 150 pump in my FASS 150 with a 200 gph pump...

Ive got a Fass 200 or 250. Hell, I cant remember. I got it off Tom. Havent installed it yet. Will report when I do.

AirDogs all the way!! 15, 30, or 40 psi and it will hold it right there without budging! Small, quiet, and lifetime warranty!

AD 150 here, good system. i just installed mine a few weeks ago. and anthony is a helluva guy!!

AD 150 here, good system. i just installed mine a few weeks ago. and anthony is a helluva guy!!

You darn right he is:hehe: Reveal yourself jackblack. Cause from the looks of the pic in your avatar. We need to hang out haha!:rockwoot:

i have a fass 95 gph pump on my current vp truck @ 16psi, apparently there is just a spring i can change to up the pressure?? would it be enough pressure to feed a p pump? getting ready to do the conversion!! thanks yall

Back when Doug still owned PDW, I talked to him about that. With the 95 gph units, a spring change is ok to up the pressure. The 150 gph units didn't have a big enough motor.

I ran my 150/150 VP system for a couple months after I did my conversion, no ill effects from that. JMO.