what gauges to get?

mia350

i got a 6.0 dually with a afe stage 2 filetr sct sf3 tuned by innovative diesel and a srt8 pipe dump what gauges should i get and whitch are the most important

I did Fuel Pressure, Oil pressure, EGT, Tranny Temp, Boost Pressure, Drive Pressure, and Water Temperature.

If you need to do 3...I would choose, Fuel Pressure, EGT, and Boost.

Or you could get a Quad Commander that will do most all of the above. That is, when it works.:hehe:

My commander worked flawlessly, including the ICP and fuel pressure readings.

However, I recently upgraded from my 03 to an 06. I salvaged the Commander out of the 03, but I might just sell it and go with a unit (Insight or Pulse) that plugs into the ODBII port.

Mine worked fine until the last few weeks. My water temp is always 300 now and my boost is bouncing all over the place. I checked my connections and no issues there.

My commander worked flawlessly, including the ICP and fuel pressure readings.

However, I recently upgraded from my 03 to an 06. I salvaged the Commander out of the 03, but I might just sell it and go with a unit (Insight or Pulse) that plugs into the ODBII port.

When inquiring about electronic units that plug into the OBDII port someone once put it this way...we are "tricking" our trucks computers with the programmers...might not be the best idea to therefore use them for monitoring...I thought it was a good point

In what way are we tricking our trucks with the programmers? I thought the SCT only adjusted the fuel rate tables and timing, neither of which is tricking the on-board computers or falsifying any of the data read through the ODBII port.

Tune writers would probably know best. Are there any here that can comment?