What gears.

inline6359

Microwaving cats since 01
Well since i feel i need more speed and i am running out of rpms with these 410 trying to chase down ricers, what gears would you guys reccommend? I was thinking 373 or maybe 355. The problem i have is i am 2x4 so i do not want a 1 wheel peel gear. Im not sure what it is called when both are locked together but that is what i want:poke: . Like i said i am really bad when it comes to gears and specifics:redx: . Also is this a swap i could do on my own?

thanks

Rick

3.54 and it is not a swap for some one that is not real familiar with doing gears. and you want a limited slip or positraction unit.

Now here is another question. If i get a higher gear could it help my motor to slip my clutch? With the 410's there is very little laod on the motor and it flat out get up and goes. If i were to go to a 354 would it load my motor down enough to slip the clutch? I have a "400" hp clutch and i am confident i am a good bit past that.

rick

Any ideas of a good place to look for gears? And will they install them in the truck or do i have to remove the axel?

If you have other hot rod nuts in your area ask them who does good work on gears. For a sanity check on prices you can check randy's ring and pinion online. Labor is probably $500 or so if you pull the diff and bring it to them, Some shops will do it in the truck.