what happened?

DBogo

alright today i go and help my buddy with his honda cause it broke down and he needed some help we didnt fix it a tow truck had to come, reguardless as we see the tow truck drive over the hill we hop in my truck and drive away, i get about 200 feet and the truck just dies rpms drop oil pressure drops and it just shuts off so i push in the clutch and try and crank it over and thats all it does is crank even with some throttle, the throttle also felt wierd too, so i stop turn the key backwards and try again to start it, nothing just cranks, so i pop the hood get out look around nothing out of the ordinary, so i hop back in crank it over giving it a little throttle which was stiff then it fired and throttle was normal so i gave it a little burp then it revs up to 2000 rpms and stays there so i shut it off pop the hood look to see if the throttles sticking but its not its moving freely at the pump and at the petal, so i shut the hood and go to start it, i give it a little petal to start it like i always do, it fires right up and runs fine i drove it home and it was all good, so i called the dodge dealership and asked about the throttle cable recall and it has already been done, it seems like everything is fine now only thing is the throttle is really stiff before it starts, before it was easy like it always is, can anyone help me to figure out what is wrong or what went wrong, before this all happened i went and put $20 in fuel in, could it be bad fuel? sorry for the long post guys, thanks in advance

My kingdom for a period and a comma or two..LOL

Bad fuel wouldn't make for a sticky go pedal. Can you disconnect the cable from the pump and try working the cable back and forth? If the cable isn't frayed, this sounds like it is expensive to me...:ugh:

Darian...check your fuel filters bud. thats always the first thing to check when you have trouble getting her to run. also check to see if theres any water in the fuel. its possible to get a bad batch. a solution to this is buying diesel from a place that moves alot of fuel. thats the first thing. also, spray some penetrating fluid on the throttle cable. you say your oil pressure dropped...hmm...throw a big peice of cardboard under the truck and weight it down with something, to see if its leeking anything.

After that, post back Darian...

Dom

check the wiring going TO the fuel shutoff solenoid. If one of the wires is frayed/almost broken then i might be struggling for connection sometimes.

Either way, you are not getting fuel.

But NOTHING explains why it went to 2000rpms and stayed there. The only thing that could have caused that is a messed up cable, or something internally with the pump.

Lance

i called the dodge dealership and they said that the throttle cable has also been done for the recall, and that its a one time thing they will only do it once, the cable is only stiff when its not running, when its running its smooth as always. after it went up to 2000 i shut it off looked at the cable and then drove away and its fine now that was like a one time thing it was only there for like 5 seconds could i have gotten somethign in the intake, like some kind of propellent or something? it almost sounded like it was running away

fill out your signature so we know what you have, but if you have changed the fuel plate ever check and make sure the governor foot is not hitting to low on the fuel plate and sticking under the fuel plate. That could be why it when to 2000 and stay just a thought.