What if...............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Full oe frame and full body sheet metal intact would eliminate several Prostreet vehicles right bc then backhalfs would be prohibited, no gutted beds, no fiberglass front clips, etc.

if potential participants think they'll have to line up against folks like lavon, milliken, jackson, deutsch, etc. this thing won't add 5 new trucks to the sport. It'll just fill one of those guy's wallet most likely.

but I can't hardly tell anymore exactly what the goal of this big payout race is at the moment. Draw more spectators to watch the already heavy hitters have a go at some big cash or is it to draw in more racers to the sport?

I think it would be a fun race. It you go with the 5500 min limit you might as well go with a 3.0 charger most of the trucks at that weight are purpose built drag trucks anyway.
If you go with a 2.6 charger you should get the min weight up to 6500 or so that way someone that has a fast street truck might get in and he wont have to cut his truck to pieces to get there. Just put a roll bar and the right safety stuff to go that fast. With a 2.6 charger on fuel your probably going to be running in the 10's with good tuning.
I would keep the entry fees a 500.00 or less I think the last time we did this the fees scared a lot of people off even at 500.00 The big shops can afford it the little guys can't. The more people you get in the bigger the pot! Maybe run two different classes a 2.6 fast street class at 6500 and a 3.0 pro class at 5500

It would be nice if somehow you could use a sealed box charger in either class but I think it would be hard to do with so many people running different set ups . You would have to post a set of rules for the chargers and the guys that finished in the money would have to take the chargers off and have them measured to make sure they speced out.

Street class with a box s467 would be fun.

Rules as follows:

5500lb minimum. With or without driver?
No rails, funny cars or altereds.
1/4 mile race, first to the stripe.
Single Borg Warner 179176. Upgraded thrust bearing for longevity allowed. Any factory turbine housing allowed. NO compressor housing modification allowed, MWE groove etc...period.
Turbo tech will be done with a stock compressor housing....if it fits, you race. If it doesn't, thanks for the entry fee and we'll wave to ya in the stands.
Final 8 trucks will be re-teched after each round for turbo and/or water compliance. ? Final 4?
Water ONLY injection allowed. Tech with an empty tank, fill with water from a sealed bottle at tech and we will seal the cap. Any water added must be done in front of staff and re-sealed.

Payout: $20,000 guaranteed plus 20% of entry fees for the class.
Buy in: $500

I know this excludes some trucks...there's no way around it.
How about a 6000lb box 2.6/single stage of nitrous/no water run what ya brung $500 buy in 100% pay back side show?

Last edited:
Full oe frame and full body sheet metal intact would eliminate several Prostreet vehicles right bc then backhalfs would be prohibited, no gutted beds, no fiberglass front clips, etc.

if potential participants think they'll have to line up against folks like lavon, milliken, jackson, deutsch, etc. this thing won't add 5 new trucks to the sport. It'll just fill one of those guy's wallet most likely.

but I can't hardly tell anymore exactly what the goal of this big payout race is at the moment. Draw more spectators to watch the already heavy hitters have a go at some big cash or is it to draw in more racers to the sport?

I see it as a fun event that a lot will attend and a lot will race. Not necessarily new trucks. People don't just cage a truck for one race. Limit power and leave the rest open.

Rules as follows:

Single Borg Warner 179176. Upgraded thrust bearing for longevity allowed. Any factory turbine housing allowed. NO compressor housing modification allowed, MWE groove etc...period.

Turbo tech will be done with a stock compressor housing....if it fits, you race. If it doesn't, thanks for the entry fee and we'll wave to ya in the stands.

Final 8 trucks will be re-teched after each round for turbo and/or water compliance. ? Final 4?

Water ONLY injection allowed. Tech with an empty tank, fill with water from a sealed bottle at tech and we will seal the cap. Any water added must be done in front of staff and re-sealed.

How about a 6000lb box 2.6/single stage of nitrous/no water run what ya brung $500 buy in 100% pay back side show?

I will show up and race that race, no questions.

Weight should be with driver.

Might want to add no modified compressor wheel. I've seen billet wheels sandblasted to make them look cast as well.

I personally think the box turbo should be untouched. taking it apart for a 360* washer, you'll see guys machining the cartridge to get tighter clearances to the wheel/cover and exhaust housing. just leave it a out of box turbo, untouched. pick your exhaust housing.

We inject straight water, but add 2oz/gal of lubricant to avoid rust. just fyi

weight should be with driver.

Might want to add no modified compressor wheel. I've seen billet wheels sandblasted to make them look cast as well.

I personally think the box turbo should be untouched. Taking it apart for a 360* washer, you'll see guys machining the cartridge to get tighter clearances to the wheel/cover and exhaust housing. Just leave it a out of box turbo, untouched. Pick your exhaust housing.

We inject straight water, but add 2oz/gal of lubricant to avoid rust. Just fyi

agreed!

Anyone think there's a chance in hell BW would get on board as a sponsor if their chargers were the spec for both classes?

Rules as follows:

This is about as perfect as it can be, tires weren't mentioned. Can that be left open, most of the 4×4 trucks are running biasply as far as I've seen. Leaving the tire choice open would also save a big expense and learning curve for us that don't run radials. I'll be there if it happens, ready to get a turbo and start testing.

This is about as perfect as it can be, tires weren't mentioned. Can that be left open, most of the 4×4 trucks are running biasply as far as I've seen. Leaving the tire choice open would also save a big expense and learning curve for us that don't run radials. I'll be there if it happens, ready to get a turbo and start testing.

The reality is, radials are just as fast as slicks these days so I can't see a reason to add an extra expense to the 4wd guys when it's really not changing anything.

Rules as follows: EDITED

5500lb minimum with driver. You're welcome fat guys. lol
Single Borg Warner 179176. Any factory turbine housing allowed. NO modifications allowed; machining on any component, MWE groove etc...period.
Final 4 trucks will be re-teched after each round for turbo and/or water compliance. Winner will be inspected for compliance.
Water ONLY injection allowed. Tech with an empty tank, fill with water from a sealed bottle at tech and we will seal the cap. Any water added must be done in front of staff and re-sealed. 2oz per gallon max lubrication additive allowed.

How about a 6000lb - box 2.6 - single stage of nitrous - no water - run what ya brung - $500 buy in - 100% pay back side show?

Possums Pecker band will play for tips, BBQ scraps and lukewarm beers?

Well the entertainment portion of the show is locked in then.

I use the term "entertainment" loosely. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back