What if...............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the entertainment portion of the show is locked in then.

I use the term "entertainment" loosely. LOL

Ya, we don't b1tch about rules and how other bands have the advantage since they have billet guitars and cast strings and better microphones. We just run what we bring and enjoy ourselves.

:hehe:

If this happens we WILL play the Asshole song and we WILL dedicate it to Hooker.

Last edited:
I personally think the box turbo should be untouched. taking it apart for a 360* washer, you'll see guys machining the cartridge to get tighter clearances to the wheel/cover and exhaust housing. just leave it a out of box turbo, untouched. pick your exhaust housing.

I'm sorry but these comments don't make sense, if someone is inclined to machine the housing to decrease clearance it won't be avoided by not installing an upgraded thrust bearing, beside the fact the upgraded bearing will create a more reliable turbocharger with less chance to damage down stream components.

And if someone were so inclined to reduce housing/wheel clearance, the gains will not be such that it would be an unfair advantage. A competent tech should be able to tell the difference between a cast wheel and sandblasted part.

Last edited:
Rules as follows:

5500lb minimum. With or without driver?
No rails, funny cars or altereds.
1/4 mile race, first to the stripe.
Single Borg Warner 179176. Upgraded thrust bearing for longevity allowed. Any factory turbine housing allowed. NO compressor housing modification allowed, MWE groove etc...period.
Turbo tech will be done with a stock compressor housing....if it fits, you race. If it doesn't, thanks for the entry fee and we'll wave to ya in the stands.
Final 8 trucks will be re-teched after each round for turbo and/or water compliance. ? Final 4?
Water ONLY injection allowed. Tech with an empty tank, fill with water from a sealed bottle at tech and we will seal the cap. Any water added must be done in front of staff and re-sealed.

Payout: $20,000 guaranteed plus 20% of entry fees for the class.
Buy in: $500

I know this excludes some trucks...there's no way around it.
How about a 6000lb box 2.6/single stage of nitrous/no water run what ya brung $500 buy in 100% pay back side show?

Name the time and place and post an address to send the entry fee. This race needs to happen.

I'm sorry but these comments don't make sense, if someone is inclined to machine the housing to decrease clearance it won't be avoided by not installing an upgraded thrust bearing, beside the fact the upgraded bearing will create a more reliable turbocharger with less chance to damage down stream components.

And if someone were so inclined to reduce housing/wheel clearance, the gains will not be such that it would be an unfair advantage. A competent tech should be able to tell the difference between a cast wheel and sandblasted part.

So...... since this is a "box" turbo, shouldn't it stay as such? In all actuality what's the known life expectancy of this 76mm unit under say 70-80psi assuming the ratio is close to the edge of the map? It's a safe bet to say the heavy fueled trucks will gate or run a T6.

I'm just thinking out loud here, but if overspeeding the charger or surging it is a concern.... run the right turbine housing and a BOV!

Borg Warner distributors will install the 360° thrust bearing and balance the assembly for only the cost of the bearing itself, this would mean the turbo would arrive complete, no need for disassembly/modification by the end user.

Borg Warner distributors will install the 360° thrust bearing and balance the assembly for only the cost of the bearing itself, this would mean the turbo would arrive complete, no need for disassembly/modification by the end user.

So what's the cover's AR? Also will competitors be forced to use the hose or is V-band conversion acceptable?:pop:

So what's the cover's AR? Also will competitors be forced to use the hose or is V-band conversion acceptable?:pop:

A Vband cover is a must. Blowing inter cooler boots is so 2008. And We shouldn't have to weld (aka modify) a vband to a box charger in case we'd have to replace the turbo on race day.

Lavon

Gonna show my ignorance here but is that charger not available with a v-band option?

A Vband cover is a must. Blowing inter cooler boots is so 2008. And We shouldn't have to weld (aka modify) a vband to a box charger in case we'd have to replace the turbo on race day.

Lavon

Gonna show my ignorance here but is that charger not available with a v-band option?

It's slip design, there goes that turbo........

Sxe76 has everything that's been debated and is basically same price and has V2 cover!

No mention of what kind of tree? .4 protree would be best. If this is a true racer's race then the last 1/8 mile is meaningless. Race would be decided in the first 60 feet.

No mention of what kind of tree? .4 protree would be best. If this is a true racer's race then the last 1/8 mile is meaningless. Race would be decided in the first 60 feet.

Good point. I like a .4 Pro myself.

Sxe76 has everything that's been debated and is basically same price and has V2 cover!

The 76mm SX-E in the same configuration also uses the 0.66AR John Deere style compressor housing with the hose discharge. I see no problem allowing a v-band to be welded to the cover of the box unit.

What about the 76mm SX-E with the larger turbine wheel, they come with the new combo v-band/hose cover, 360 thrust bearing, and have the big turbine flow for the big cubic inch racers.

What about the 76mm SX-E with the larger turbine wheel, they come with the new combo v-band/hose cover, 360 thrust bearing, and have the big turbine flow for the big cubic inch racers.

That's what I thought we were going to be using but I misunderstood earlier. I think the SX-E would be best and if Borg Warner would like to sponsor I'd think they'd want to promote the SX-E line.

This is the one I've been referencing, if 10sec passes are the goal and you want to cover the field of all race types the 96 with the 1.15 ar should help for the underfueled to the big fueling side using the 1.56!

The reality is, radials are just as fast as slicks these days so I can't see a reason to add an extra expense to the 4wd guys when it's really not changing anything.

I know around here people typically say radials are faster on the track and slicks are faster on the street.

Good point. I like a .4 Pro myself.

Pro Tree please. This isn't a bracket race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back